Chapter 3

Darius

Damn I ain't ever seen a white girl around here. I wonder if she was visiting or have a nigga around here. She definitely doesn't look like she lives around here she had some Gucci on and the girl she was with looked like her sister and she had some Fendi on. They were too fly to be from this hood and I never seen them before. But ima find out who she is and what she was doing over here. She left the store so quick we didn't even have a chance to exchange words. I hope I see her again. She actually caught my attention for a white girl. I'm so use to my Spanish and black mamis, she might be the first white girl to catch my attention.

I get out my thoughts and roll a blunt before I get in the court and start dunking on these niggas. While I'm in the basketball court everyone is passing by saying hi to me and asking how my moms is doing. I grew up in these projects since I was 2 years old, I'm 20 now so the whole neighborhood seen me grow up. My pops was a drug dealer and my mom was an addict. Rumor was my pops would feed my mom drugs and have her run around town stealing for him. I hated him for that and glad hes dead. My mom been clean for years now and even though I'm 20 she never wanted me to leave her side. I'm all she has and I won't leave my mama like that. For years she tried giving me a better life but it was hard for a single mother to raise me to be a man. I'm proud of her regardless. She couldn't necessarily get us out the hood but she got us out the projects, only 4 houses down but to my mama it was an improvement and If it made her happy, I was too.

I always hanged around the projects after work. I worked at the Youth center as a coach for a juniors basketball team. I love helping the kids especially since they mostly from my neighborhood. But I also had a side hustle. I sold coke for years. And not just a little bit. I mean I sold weight weight. I needed a legit job to make my money look clean and what better way than to do something I liked to do. Some people knew and some people didn't know where my real money was coming from. I mean come on who's going to make 5k every week from being a coach at a youth center ? Especially a minority in the hood. I've been saving up money every week just so one day I can pack my shit and my moms shit and get out of here and neither her or I would have to work a day in our lives. All I'm missing in that plan is a wifey. But these ratchet bitches only want a niggas money. So until then I'm on my own.

I finally get in the court and start whooping some ass.