Chapter 4

Lexi's POV

     "Is everyone excited?" Mr. Briggs calls out from the front of the bus with way too much excitement for 3 it being in the morning. We have to drive 3 hours to get to the nearest airport, seeing as our school is literally in the middle of nowhere. That just means we had to get up at two to get ready. I'm drained already.

     "I'm tired," one kid a couple of rows in front of us yells.

     "Of course you are. You probably stayed up until midnight last night anyways," Mrs. Moore snaps at the kid. There's the difference between Mr. Briggs and Mrs. Moore. Mr. Briggs is a freshman teacher who has a class full of fun and games. Mrs. Moore is a senior teacher who I've heard is the biggest bitch on the planet. Mrs. Ferguson and Mr. Edwards are also on the trip, a sophomore and junior teacher, but the two of them seem too tired to scold any students at the moment.

     "How late did we stay up?" I whisper to Michael with my eyes closed. I'm planning on taking a nap on the way to the airport. My arms are wrapped around him and my head is resting on his shoulder.

     "Eleven I think," he responds. That means we got at most 3 hours of sleep. Isn't that splendid.

     "That explains a lot," I yawn.

     "Okay, so instead of a regular, boring role call," Mr. Briggs starts off,"when I say your name, say one fact about yourself."

     "This is going to take forever, shouldn't we start driving to the airport now?" I ask Michael quietly. We were able to choose who we sat next to on the bus, so I obviously chose him. Sergio is sitting with Danielle, Drew is sitting with Veronica, and Brady is sitting with Chance. Danielle and Sergio are sitting across the isle from us, but I have no clue where Veronica and Drew or Brady and Chance are sitting.

     "We should," Michael yawns.

     "Okay let us start. Marcus!" Mr Briggs is too loud for his own good.

     "Here, and I like to dance."

     "Lindsay!"

     "Here, and I play volleyball."

     "Paul!"

     "I was born in the middle of a war."

     "How interesting! Gavin!" By the end of this trip, I know Mr. Briggs's voice is going to give me a headache.

     "Here, and I hope this trip will allow me to get closer to my fellow students."

     "That's the spirit! Sergio!"

     "Here, and I like soccer," he tries to find something to say on the spot since he was too busy talking to Danielle to think of something.

     "Anya!"

      "My best friend is Kendall."

     "Kendall!"

     "My best friend is Anya."

     "Joyce!"

     "Here, and the whole male species is disgusting." Leave it to Joyce to make everyone on the bus roll their eyes.

     "Jaden!" Mr. Briggs ignores her comment.

     "Here, and I used to sing in my church youth choir," he tells everyone with so much passion.

     "Same here! Jay!"

     "Here, and I beatbox for fun." Once he says that, Mr. Briggs tries to beatbox, but fails miserably.