Chapter 13

Michael's POV

      "It's Andrew and Cameron. Cameron got the most votes. Andrew got one more vote than Veronica," Lexi mumbles from beside me. I glance over to Stella's paper where she's tallying the votes, and that's what it says.

      "I don't get why people would vote for her. We know that she's always with Drew or helping Stella," I speak my mind. Lexi just shrugs. Mentally, she's somewhere else.

      "I have the results," Stella looks up at everyone, who are impatiently waiting. Both Andrews look smug. Cameron switched spots with Lindsay, so he could be next to Hailey. Veronica looks absolutely terrified, holding onto Drew with everything in her.

     "The people with the most votes are Cameron and Andrew Butcher," at that, Veronica physically loosens up. Cameron and Andrew on the other hand, look terrified.

      "No, no, no," Cameron mumbles.

     "I'm innocent! I swear on my love of blondes and fishing that I'm innocent!" Joyce and all her friends stand up, grab onto them, and pull them away, leaving the rest of us sitting in the circle. Both of their friend groups look completely heartbroken.

      "I guess that's it guys," Stella awkwardly mumbles, standing up. Everyone else gets up too, shuffling awkwardly. Lexi, on the other hand, quickly darts off. I quickly follow her.

      "Lexi," I call, but she doesn't stop. I jog, closing the gap between us, and place a hand on her shoulder. She turns around. "What's wrong?"

      "I just want to be alone right now," she shrugs my hand off her shoulder.

      "Did I upset you?" she shakes her head.

      "No, it's just... I want to be alone right now."

      "What's on your mind?" I go to hug her, but she steps back, shocking me. She's told me before that my hugs are like her weakness, but she didn't give in.

      "Michael, please leave me alone," she sighs, looking down. I cave in.

      "I will. You know where I'll be," I lightly kiss her forehead before turning and going back to camp. When I get there, only Brady, Jaden, Dorian, Jay, Devin, Jon, Stella, Cassie, Lindsay, and Anya are there. I go over near Brady, as expected.

      "Where is everyone?"

       "Well, Sergio went to go find Chance. Veronica was a sobbing mess since she almost got voted out, so Drew went off with her to comfort her. Mikey, Cam, and Zoe are are off together, crying about Marcus. Bloom, Sariah, and Lacey had a 'team meeting' to reassess things since three of them from their group got nominated. Joyce and her followers aren't done with what they're doing yet. Hailey was stressed, so she pulled Miles away with her. Kendall went off down to the beach, I think, with Gavin. I don't know on that one really. I have no idea where Lexi is, but you probably know," he shrugs at the end.

       "She told me she wanted to be alone and wouldn't tell me what was bothering her," I sigh. I just want to make her feel better, but I can't if she's running away from me.

      "It's probably those comments people made about her. She was under attack," Brady shakes his head. "I'll go look for her. She's probably distancing herself from you right now because of what everyone assumes about you two, and she doesn't want people to think that's going on right now since both of you would be missing." he stands up, patting my back.

      "Thank you. I want to make sure she's okay," he starts to walk away, and once he disappears, I flop backwards, closing my eyes. So much has gone on in the past hour. All I want to do is sleep.