Chapter 17

Brady's POV

      "This is the seventh night in a row," Lexi holds onto Michael's hand as he quietly mumbles in his sleep. This whole week, he's been having the same reoccurring dream, but the person who is hurting him changes. First it was Lexi, then me, then Sergio, then Drew, then Veronica, and last night was Chance. There's obviously been a slight twist to each person too. We all didn't kiss him while stabbing him. That was exclusively Lexi. The rest of us, apparently, just stabbed him while threatening him.

      "What do you think they mean?" I ask her. She shrugs, still looking down at Michael.

        "I don't know, but I do want them to stop," her face is covered in concern. I can't blame her. If the same thing was happening to Courtney, I'd be concerned as ever.

     "I have a theory that it's just saying to trust no one since every night it's been someone he trusts. Think about it, all of the people have been his friends, in the order of how he trusts them."

      "Tonight has to be Jay, no one else would logically make sense," she rubs her hand over the top of his. We've learnt that we can't wake him up mid dream before everything goes down. It's just a waiting game, a horrible one.

      "I feel like it won't be Jay. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem right," I admit. Michael and Jay are close, but I feel like if he was going to appear, he would have already been the antagonist. Lexi mumbles something under her breath. "Hmm?"

      "What?" She looks up at me from where she was looking at Michael.

      "You said something," I clarify, making her sigh.

      "I said it'd be fine if it's anyone but Stella," she tells me guiltily. Their feud doesn't really make sense to me since it's always been obvious, to me at least, that if Michael had to choose one of them at any time, it'd be Lexi. I get why Stella would get jealous of Lexi, but not the other way around. Lexi already has what Stella wants.

      "I don't understand why you dislike her so much," I state honestly. She looks at me like I'm insane or stupid, I can't tell which one.

      "She's all over my boyfriend," she says rather loudly, and I gesture for her to keep it down since lots of people are sleeping right now.

      "Your boyfriend, not her boyfriend. It's not like Michael would ever leave you for her," I tell her realistically. He's too into Lexi to ever leave her.

      "I know that, but still. I can't not hate the girl that constantly flirts with my boyfriend. Half of the time it flies over his head though."

      "I get that. Sometimes she doesn't seem that bad though. She actually cares about him though. It's not just that she thinks he's hot."

      "I know, and that's what makes me so uneasy. She likes him a lot," she glances over to where Stella was sleeping. For the first couple of nights, she also stayed up to make sure Michael was okay, but I'm pretty sure Lexi scared her off with her intense glaring. Ever since two nights ago, it has just been Lexi and I staying up. I don't blame the others though. Sergio is still recovering from Danielle. Chance and Michael are still not on speaking terms. Drew's really concerned about Veronica. We're all pretty sure the day of the challenge she must've drank way too much sea water. She's still not feeling well. He technically sometimes stays up with her if she's not feeling good, but he isn't up with Lexi and I.

       "Have you talked to Veronica lately?" I question. I haven't really had much time to talk with Veronica lately with her being sick, her new friends, and Michael.