Chapter 15

Michael's POV

     "It's time for our Friday activity," Stella cheers, rounding everyone up. She's made it her goal to keep people as busy as possible, setting up little things so people aren't so stressed. As a result, she's always running around. Once everyone circles up, she smiles, her clipboard that she found on the plane held up against her chest.

     "What's the activity for today?" Jaden asks, already stretching out his arms.

     "We're playing our own mini version of Survivor. I was going to sort teams by hair color, but two people got in the way of that," she glances over to Anya, who is a ginger, and Naomi, who has hair that's dyed blue. "So now, we're doing a schoolyard pick. I tried to pick people who have similarish friends, so the groups would have more diversity. So Zoe, Veronica, and Lexi are your team captains, and I'm the ref. Come up here guys." Lexi's eyes widen as she hears her name.

     "Yes, lead your team to victory," I pat her on the back. She goes and stands in front of the crowd like the other two.

     "Zoe pick first," Stella instructs, ready to write down the teams with the pencil in her hand.

     "Mikey, my boy," Zoe sticks out her arms, and Mikey jogs over to her, giving her a big hug.

     "V."

     "Drew," she cheers. He goes next to his girlfriend, wrapping an arm around her waist. She leans into him.

     "Lexi?"

     "Michael," Lexi smiles. I walk over to her. As soon as I reach next to her, she kisses my cheek.

     "Welcome to the winning team," she whispers in my ear, causing me to laugh quietly to myself.

     "I feel like everyone you choose is going to cancel someone else out so everyone gets distracted," I state honestly.

     "I wouldn't doubt that."

     "That's no fair! I just noticed you chose all the girls with boyfriends to be captains! That's discrimination!" Joyce pouts. Stella just shrugs instead of actually acknowledging her.

     "Zoe."

     "Jaden, come over here."

     "Veronica."

     "Chance, you're next."

     "Lexi."

     "Brady Patrick Tutton," she smirks.

---

     After the teams are picked, we came up with our team names. There are three teams.

     The first team is the Super Serpents. It's made up of Zoe, Mikey, Jaden, Cam, Miles, Lindsay, Hailey, Naomi, Carolyn, and Andrew Bloom. In all, that's the most athletic team, but that's the team I'd want to be on the least.

      The second team is team Vedrchsedecajorejola. They made their team name by smashing the first two letters of all of their names together. The team is made up of Veronica, Drew, Chance, Sergio, Devin, Cassie, Jon, Rebecca, Joyce, and Lacey. I don't know how Lacey wasn't the last pick out of everyone, but she was picked second to last in all.

     Finally, there's the team I'm on, team winners. It's made of Lexi, myself, Brady, Jay, Anya, Kendall, Gavin, Erin, Sariah, and Dorian. Lineup wise, we're the physically weakest team, but the people on my team are more pleasant to be around.

     "Okay, in your team, get into groups of five," Stella instructs everyone. Automatically, Lexi grabs both Brady and I from both sides of her. She grabs onto my hand, but she grabs onto the sleeve of Brady's shirt