He's A Prince (Luke)

(Before we get into the world of prince Luke, I wanted to let you know that this chapter is very long. I kind of got swept away into this one. So grab a blanket, some tea (or any beverage of your choice) and enjoy. This part is  7,002 words long and is all about the struggles of prince Luke. I hope you like it as much as I liked writing it.)

Luke stared at himself in the mirror. He looked utterly ridiculous.

His so called "fashion consultant", Jerry, had shoved him into a lot of white ruffles.

"I look like the layers of a lasagna." He mumbled, gaining a glare from Jerry.

"You look like a proper royal now. You should be grateful." Jerry sniffed, crossing his arms.

"No, what I look like is a romance novel with extra ruffles. And no scantily clad women. I'm disappointed." Luke said, pulling at the white fabric.

"You are incorrigible!" Jerry threw his hands up and stormed out of the room, leaving Luke to fluff about with the ruffles.

It wasn't the first time he'd gotten Jerry upset. He enjoyed it. His mother however, did not. She wanted him to be the perfect vision of what a prince should be.

Luke loved his mother. She was an amazing queen and ruler. But he didn't want this kind of life. He wanted to explore the world. Find himself.
Instead, he was attending balls and reading Shakespeare. Princesses and duchesses were thrust upon him at all hours of the day. There were only so many of them he could handle. So many of them only wanted his kingdom or his money.

He pulled off the heinous shirt and sighed, putting on his everyday clothes. He found cotton very comfortable. Satin just made him feel like a marble statue.

He settled the dark green material over his broad shoulders and instantly felt better. He liked colors on him. He felt confident in greens, reds, and blues. But Jerry was stuck on white. So much white. White was such a "pure" color. Luke was anything but pure.

He remembered Calum finding him in the toolshed with a maid and grimaced a little. He wasn't exactly the poster child for purity and perfection.

Luke sighed and grabbed his notebook and headed out the door.

He made his way to his favorite place on the premises. The old treehouse his father had built for  him and his brothers when they were young.

It was hidden in the trees behind the palace and only certain people knew about his hideaway.

He climbed up the rope ladder and into the place that felt more like home than the palace did.

He breathed in the atmosphere and wandered over to the bundle of blankets he'd acquired over the years. He was a regular blanket stealer.
He settled himself down on the plethora of blankets and opened his notebook.