Chapter 14

Brady's POV
"Michael Conor!!!!!" I yelled, throwing open the door to our room.

He groaned. "Whattttt," he asked, throwing his pillow over his face.

"Are you coming to school?" I asked, grabbing some shoes out of the closet.

"Ugh, I dunno. Since when are you so happy in the mornings?" He asked, sitting up and touching his hair.

"Since I got a girlfriend," I said proudly, bending down to tie my shoes.

"Really? You asked out Mackenzie? That's awesome!" He said, getting up and hugging me.

I grinned. "Thanks. Now speaking of girlfriends, yours misses you. You should come to school."

He laughed. "I just saw her yesterday," he said.

"You're easy to miss. You're Michael Conor," I said.

He laughed again. "Fine. I'll go to school. But I can't promise that I won't ditch most of my classes," he said, slipping on a hoodie and some jeans.

I shook my head. "Conor, Conor. Such a rebel," I said.

He grinned. "You know it."

"Wanna drive to school? I'm not feeling the bus. And we can pick up the girls," I said as I fixed my hair in the mirror.

"Sure. Lemme ask my mom if I can take the car," he said, leaving the room.

He'd literally just gotten his license the week before school started, so he doesn't have a car yet. He's not the best driver either, but anything beats the bus.

He came back in a few minutes later. "She said we can. I'll text Sam, can you text Mack?" He asked, pulling out his phone.

I fake-glared at him. "I'm the only one who gets to call her that," I said.

He raised his hands in surrender. "Okay okay," he said, laughing.

I gave him a playful shove, and soon we headed out the door.

Sam's POV
"Sam!! Let's go!!" Shawn yelled from downstairs.

"Riding with Michael! Go without me!" I yelled, still scrambling to get ready.

"Ok! See you there!"

I checked my reflection in the full length mirror. I was wearing a red hoodie, black jeans, and black converse high tops. Even though it's August and super hot. I'm pretty much always wearing hoodies.

Someone knocked on my open bedroom door, and I whirled around to see my mom.

Mom and I don't have the best relationship. She's a workaholic and so is my dad. One of the main reasons that Shawn and I are so close. Weve always basically been each other's best friend, sibling, and parent all rolled into one. We'd grown up with nannies and babysitters constantly, and once Shawn got his license we were set on our own. Its almost like we live alone, we hardly even talk to our parents.

Usually they arent even here before school, but mom is taking a sick day.

"Who's Michael?" She asked me.

"A friend," I spat. Why does she suddenly care about my life now?

"Just a friend?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh so now you care about my life?" I asked.

The room went silent. A car horn honked from outside.

I skirted around my mom and left the house without another word.

*
The day dragged on, and soon it's 6th period-choir. It's always my favorite class of the day because it's the one that I get to share with my 3 friends. Sadly, it was only 3 days a week.