Chapter 27

Michael's POV
Homecoming part 2 just started, and I still really want to perform Shine.

Now that Sam had put the idea in my head, I really wanna do it.

I ran around the gym frantically, trying to find Principal Moreno.

I decided to check the school hallway, so I burst open the door and there sat Lauren and Serg on the stairs. Kissing.

They both stopped when they saw me and awkwardly pulled away, blushing like crazy.

"Um-"

"I'm-

"Hi"

We all said in unison, then awkwardly laughed.

"Have you guys seen Moreno?"

"Uh, yeah, she went that way," Lauren pointed down the hall. 

I chucked."ok. Thanks. Continue," I said, gave them a wink, which failed, causing them to laugh, then I ran off.

I finally found her in her office. "Hey, Principal Moreno?" I asked, knocking on the open door.

"What is it Mr. Smith?" She asked, jittery. I can't blame her for it after what happened on Saturday night.

"Um, I know nothing went wrong with my performance but, do you think I can perform again? There's a song I wrote and... I'm really proud of it and I  really wanna perform it," I said.

"I don't see why not. You need to be on in 15 minutes though," she said.

I sighed with relief. "Thank you so much."

I hurried back to the gym to hurry backstage, then bumped into Sam.

"She's letting me perform it!" I exclaimed excitedly hugging her.

She laughed. "That's great! Go kill it."

I pulled away. "I owe it all to you. Thanks for encouraging me and... believing in me," I said.

She pecked my lips. "Anytime. While you're at it, you should rap holy smokes and baby girl since you're wearing your finale outfit," she said grinning.

I laughed, shaking my head. "Save me a dance after I perform," I said, kissing her cheek.

"Of course."

I made my way backstage and spotted the tech guy, Tyler.

"Hey Ty," I said walking over, and we bro-hugged.

"Hey man what's up?"

"Change of plans, I'm gonna be performing again tonight. Can we do a quick mic check?"

He nodded. "Yeah sure. I'll just grab the mic real fast."

Soon we got everything ready and ten minutes later, I walked out on stage.

Everyone cheered and I smiled.

One day... one day I'm going to be performing on big stages that aren't in my high school gym. One day.

"Hi everybody. Um, I wasn't planning on performing tonight, but someone really special to me convinced me to."

I locked eyes with Sam and she smiled, then mouthed "You got it."

I smiled, then continued. "This song is called Shine. It talks about how I wanna make it in this industry one day and... I hope you guys like it."

Everyone cheered again. I took a deep breath, then started.

"I've always been Mr. Ima get it so optimistic.."

As soon as I finished everyone erupted into applause.