Chapter 16

Sam's POV
"I can't believe you got us out of that," I said to Michael as we left the principals office.

SHE was the one who had caught us kissing. And ditching class.

Michael grinned. "What can I say? Principal Moreno loves me," he said.

True, but what actually happened. Michael had promised to rap at Homecoming if Mrs. Moreno promised not to call our parents AND if she promised to excuse us for missing class.

Surprisingly, she agreed. I had a feeling if it was anyone else she wouldn't have, but he is Michael Conor, sooo....

I don't even think my third period teacher noticed I was gone. I'm new, so except for the fact that I'm dating Michael Conor, I'm kind of invisible.

The bell for the end of third period rang, indicating we had to separate and go off to our next class.

"See you at lunch," I said, squeezed his hand, then we split up.

*
Michael's POV
I stared at the note I'd just pulled out of my locker.

You'd better keep an eye on Sam. She won't be yours forever.

What does that even mean?

I spotted Sam coming down the hallway and quickly shoved the note in and shut my locker.

No reason to worry her with this.

"Hey Conor," she said grinning, coming up and taking my hand.

I roll my eyes, laughing. "Didn't I tell you not to call me that?"

"Didn't I tell you I would anyway?" She says as we walk to lunch.

"Fine, SAMANTHA."

She made a face. "I'll call you Michael from now on," she mumbled.

I grinned triumphantly. "Perfect."

We walk into lunch and Amanda runs up to me. "Michael, can you take a picture with me?"

I swear I've taken a picture with this girl like 5 times. And it's not like she's a freshmen or something, she's in MY CLASS.

So it was just weird. Plus she's kind of popular and considered one of the hottest girls in school. She was Heathers "biggest rival".

Sigh. I don't understand people.

Or just high school in general. Such a waste of time.

I put on a smile and said "Yeah sure. Sam can you take it?" I asked, handing Sam Amanda's phone.

For the picture, she kissed my cheek.

I wasn't expecting that so I made what I'm sure was a grimace, causing Sam to snicker. Which made me relieved because for a second there I thought she was about to lose her cool.

"There you go. I'll see ya," I said, handing her back her phone, trying to wrap things up.

"Wait, can I have a hug?" She asked, giving me a puppy face.

You've got to be kidding me.

Sam is pretty much fuming now, and I'm so hungry that I'll eat anything instead of hug Amanda.

But I hug her anyway. I try my best to NEVER be rude to fans.

She wraps her arms WAY too tight around my neck, then comes close and whispers in my ear "Baby, you could do so much better than her. I'm here whenever you come to your senses" then was gone before I could utter a word.

"You good?" I asked Sam who looked like she was about to explode.

"Fine. Perfectly fine," she said as we headed to the lunch line.