Chapter 15

A/N LaurenEmidd told you I'd make it up to you 😏

Mackenzie's POV (BAM plot twist)
"Lauren!! You're going to be fine. Let's go!!!"

My sister Lauren, who was a senior, was transferring to school. She'd been homeschooled but I'd finally convinced her to come to school.

She was nervous, which was understandable, but we're gonna be late if she doesn't hurry.

"Ok ok, I'm coming!!"

She came down the stairs where I was waiting and stopped in front of me.

"Are we taking the bus?"

"Nope. Riding with my boyfriend, and my best friend Sam's boyfriend."

"Wait what? Why didn't you tell me you have a boyfriend? I don't wanna be an awkward fifth wheel," she said, making a face.

I didn't tell her cause she was as big of a fan of Boy Band as I was, and I kind of just wanted to see the look on her face when she found out that I was dating Brady Tutton.

And that driving the car would be Michael Conor.

She knew Michael lived here and that he went to school with me, but had no idea that me, new kid, shy awkward sophomore, was in the same friend group as him.

Sergio was her favorite now, though it did used to be Michael. "He still holds a special place in my heart," she'd said.

She stans In Real Life more than I do, just cause I've been hanging out with the two who were supposed to be in the band. But I still loved the five of them dearly and looked forward to meeting them soon.

Wait til she found out they'd be performing at Homecoming in two weeks.

"Kenzie? Hello??" Lauren said, and I realized I hadn't answered her.

"You'll see. Now come on, they're outside waiting," I said, opening the door and heading down the front steps.

Sighing, she followed.

Then stopped dead in her tracks when she saw who was at the wheel.

I looked over my shoulder, grinning.

Brady got out of the car, smiling at us.

"Hey," he said hugging me.

I blushed. We were still in that "awkward stuttering but cute" stage, as Sam called it.

"Hey." I pulled away and smiled at him.

He smiled down at me, then gestured to Lauren. "Guessing this is your sister?" He walked over and held out a hand.

"I'm Brady, it's nice to meet you. Mack's told me about you," he said.

Lauren coughed, then recovered and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too. She didn't tell me anything," she said with a laugh, then glared at me over his shoulder.

I laughed. "Wanted it to be a surprise. She watched the show with me," I explained to Brady.

"Oh!" He said, then laughed.

The three of us climbed in the backseat of Michael's car, and Sam and Michael turned to look at us.

"Sam's boyfriend," Lauren mumbled in disbelief. She was still recovering from the fact that she's in the same car as Michael and Brady.

"Michael, Sam, this is Lauren. Lauren, this is Sam and Michael," I introduced.

"Hi," Sam said smiling at her.