Forgetful.

"Room number 406 is calling you. Immediately"
.
I ran to the room with all my might. All wild thoughts ruffled through my brain.
Did his heartbeat decrease? Did his heart stop? Does he have difficultly In breathing? Did something go wrong with his vitals? What happens if he dies? He can't die.

I push the door open as if it were my house and enter the room panting asking all kind of questions.
But the patient was only there looking at me innocently making me look stupid.
Once I come back to my senses,
"I was asked to come here immediately. Why? What happened?" I ask still worried sick about the patient.

"The nurse said I could call you whenever I need something." Jinyoung said.
"Yes yes you could. What do you need?" I reply with more concern now.
"Food." He answered
"Sorry?" I ask in disbelief.
"I'm hungry." He answered almost sarcastically.
"I'm afraid I can't get you something delicious, but I can get you something healthy." I reply back a bit relieved since he's not hurt.
"Thank you." Jinyoung replies.
.
.
"How does it taste?" I ask him as I watch him eat slowly.
"Food." He says with boiled rice stuffed in his mouth.
"Huh?" I ask again unsure of what he said.
"It tastes like food." He answers again as he swallows and looks at me.
Before I could reply to his sarcasm, Jackson opens the door.
"Sorry I left you alone." He said to Jinyoung while still unaware if my presence. "I got you a pair of undergarm-
"OKAY ENOUGH THANKS" Jinyoung suddenly yelled to stop Jackson from completing his sentence.
At first I was shocked at the amount of energy the food gave him but then I burst into laughter.
"Oh sh~ hello miss lelyan." Jackson said from the sudden sound of laughter.
"Hello." I greet back.
.
.
I knock onto the door of room 406 to deliver Jackson's food. It isn't my job, but I could deliver the food and check up on Jinyoung. One stone, two birds.
But when I enter, Jinyoung was asleep and Jackson wasn't there. Maybe he's in the washroom I thought. So I kept the tray on the table and went to check up on Jinyoung.
.
.
"His vitals are normal. He has a slight abdominal pain when he breaths heavily. And he sure eats well." I whisper the last part as I report to my senior doctor.

"Yeah. From what I see he can be discharged within a week. Moreover his guardian said that they'll have to travel in 2 weeks so yeah."

"Travel?" I ask.
"Yeah. They have to go back to Korea for some work it seems."

So they're Korean, I thought as I walk down the long corridor.

"Would you like to eat something?" I hear someone behind me speak.
"Oh hello sir." I say as my gaze meets Jackson's.
"Honestly, I want to say no out of courtesy, but I'm just way too hungry to say it." I say as I give a shy giggle.
.
.
"I heard you guys are from Korea." I say as I munch my sandwich to initiate a conversation.
"You heard wrong." He replies back. "We live in Korea. Jinyoung is Korean but I'm Chinese."
"So you came to California for some work." I state.
Suddenly, I remember something which makes me gasp loudly.

"Oh. Crap." I say as stand abruptly from the chair. "Carl."