A little bit of something.

" I don't even know what's her freaking number!" I curse at myself for not letting her stay at my office longer.
"Why aren't you answering my texts????" I talk to myself as I run around the building trying to find that 5 year old kid.

Lelyan's P.O.V

I hold tight onto my knees and put all of my heart into them, I cuss and yell and cry with all my might at how stupid I was.
I should've just believed Carl. Carl was right. He was right and I was at fault. I shouldn't have dated Jackson just to be cheated at and treated as nothing.
"I'm so sorry Carl. I am so sorry for not believing you and not trusting your words. I'm sorry for choosing to go to him rather than you. I was wrong." I say with a shaking voice between a waterfall of tears.

I'm not sure if I regret dating Jackson. Maybe I just have The Whole scenario wrong or maybe I'm just justifying for him.

Is that why he barely texted me? Because he was already too busy playing with girls?
As I was busy crying and talking to myself on the stair cases of the huge building, I hear my phone vibrate but I don't bother myself to check the messages, until I hear it ring.
I look at the caller ID and immediately pick up the phone call.
.
"Hey! How are you and how did you find your family?" I hear the voice say through the phone.
"C-Carl." I reply through tears.
"What the hell is going on? Why do you sound like that? Are you sick?" He asks as I feel his tone changing from normal to serious.
"No, I'm alright." Though I hoped I was sick rather than this.
"Then what's wrong? Are you crying? Why are you crying?" He asks again, but I couldn't answer him. I didn't know what to tell him. I couldn't bring myself to do so. He'll kill him for sure.
"I swear if that bastard did anything to you I will fly to Korea and chop off his brains." I hear him say again as his voice becomes that of an angry Carl.

Carl was always a troublesome kid. He has numerous bruises on his body from fights from his childhood despite his innocent face. His parents probably thought he'd become a better teenager, but he just got himself into more fights as a teenager. After the death of his father, being responsible for his mom and two younger siblings, was his only choice, but that side of him will always be pushed to the back and come only when needed.

"Lelyan. Answer me." I hear his intimidating voice through the phone.
"I-I'll call you later. Don't worry about it. Stay safe." I say as I immediately end the call. Carl's call made me feel like I had someone to lean on, but why does my heart still feel heavy?

I close my eyes and take deep breaths as silent tears fell down my cheek. I suddenly hear a loud thud near me making me jump in my place.

"Jinyoung."