Chapter 18

"I think the earth has quite the beating. I suggest you take a small break." I said and took the shield down.

Natsu then dropped to the ground panting.

I regrew the trees that were destroyed and I walked to where Natsu was laying.

"I see you trained hard during the days I was gone. Good. We will train tomorrow at dawn. I suggest you go eat and sleep. I won't go easy." I said and Natsu nodded and left with Happy.

It has been two weeks since we started training. Natsu was getting quicker and was able to block a lot of attacks. He told me about two other dragon slayers who were shadow and light. I focused on those attacks and he was getting better.

I was meeting with the other trainers while the others sparred with each other.

"I want to see how they are. Are they improving?" I asked and they nodded.

"Erza has gotten faster and is now strong enough to lift some boulders. I am going to train her next on punching and kicking." Guy said and I nodded.

"Was there any struggles?" I asked.

"She can't run as much as a ninja can but she is close." Guy said adn I nodded.

"Thank you. Sakura?" I said turning to the pink haired girl.

"Wendy is starting to become more confident in herb mixes. She can now make healing syrums easily. I will be teaching her more on motion sickness and some strength tests." Sakura said adn I nodded.

"She can tell the difference between poisonous and non poisonous herbs right?" I asked.

"Yes. She is a dragon slayer and she told me they have stronger senses. She can now smell the difference." Sakura said and I nodded.

"Gajeel is starting to plan ahead. He can also attack shadows. I believe you wanted me to train him in that field." Shikamaru said and I nodded.

"One of the other dragon slayers is a shadow user. Fighting against shadows will be useful for his training." I said and he nodded.

"He needs to keep his focus. I'll continue his training on shadows and telling him tricks on how to use it against his enemy." Shikamaru said and I smiled.

Gaara then appeared in front of me.

"Sorry I'm late. I had a meeting." Gaara said and bowed.

"Don't worry about it. How is Gray doing?" I asked.

"Wait. Who's the kid!" I heard Gajeel shouted from behind me.

"This is Gaara. He is the leader of his village and is also Gray's teacher. Now shut up and let me finish this meeting." I said and he quickly went back to his training.

"Gray is focusing on his shield. The shields are getting better but he loses focus during creation. Every time he creates something he focuses on what they look like and not how they should feel like. I will train him harder on staying focused but he has improved." Gaara said and I nodded.

"I take it that he is struggling with your environment due to the heat." I said and Gaara nodded.

"That's why I am impressed that his ice magic is getting stronger. The heat quickly melted his ice the first few days and now they are lasting longer." Gaara said.

"It seems they are all showing improvement. Please continue training them and don't be afraid to send them with you on missions or take them with you. It would be good experience." I said and they all nodded.

"How is your student?" Sakura asked.

"He is staying focused longer which I am happy for but he still tries to show off. Mostly when Naruto is nearby training. They have a competition going on." I said and chuckled.