Chapter 20

Naruto came to me a few days later with his answer.

"I think the love I feel for you is a sibling type. I don't feel romantically pulled to you. When I first met you I felt safe. Even though you were fighting other people with a straight face I still felt protected." Naruto said and I nodded my head.

"I understand. I hope you find your true love." I said and I was pulled into a hug.

"I Naruto Uzumaki accept you as my protector I will repeat this oath when I am in a life or death situation." Naruto whispered.

"When you accept me, I will turn into what I really am." I said and I felt him nod his head.

We pulled away and he kissed my forehead.

"Thank you for understanding and helping me understand." Naruto said.

"Of course. Now go eat some ramen. I need to train more." I said with a smile and he nodded and ran off.

When he did I collapsed to my knees and cried.

'Forgive me, it was for her.' I thought as I wrapped my arms around myself.

After I calmed myself it was really late.

I shakily stood up and tried to walk but I fell onto my knees. I felt something wrap around my waist and pull me up.

"Did you train to hard?" I heard a deep voice say.

"Yeah. Thanks Gaara." I said and looked at him.

I felt a pull.

'I was just accepted a few hours ago now I have another mate? What the hell demon.' I thought to him as he began to help me home.

We stood in front of my door and I turned to him.

"Do you want to stay the night? Or do you already have a place?" I asked.

"I don't have a place to stay tonight." He said rubbing the back of his head.

"Then come in." I said allowing the barrier to know his chakra.

Gaara walked in and looked around. My apartment has been the same since the first day I got it.

"You can have the bed. I'm going to freshen up ad go back to training. Stay as long as you like." I said as I grabbed a change of clothes and went to the bathroom.

I stood in the shower as the cool water helped my body cool down. I turned the temperature to warm and my muscles began to loosen up.

I sighed as I stared at my feet.

I quickly finished and walked out and changed.

I walked out of the bathroom and Gaara was standing in the kitchen cooking.

I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a water.

"Are you hungry?" Gaara asked.

"No thanks. I already ate." I said with a smile as I drank water.

"Naruto once told me something interesting about you." Gaara said focusing on what he was making.

"Oh?" I said in interest.

"He told me you can't eat normal food." He said looking my way.

"Well he is correct. If I eat your food it won't go into my system for about a year. I eat only elements." I said and he nodded.

"So if fire was thrown at you, you would eat it?"

"Yeah. It would be the same with water and earth." I said