Chapter 19

I heard from Shikamaru that Asuma didn't make it.

I held him as he cried.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save him in time." I said as I rubbed his back.

Shikamaru just shook his head.

"It's not your fault. It's his." Shikamaru growled and he wiped away his tears before walking away.

I turned to Naruto who was heading to the training ground to practice.

"Naruto." I said and he turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Malia!" Naruto said waving to me.

"Train hard. You may be needed soon." I said and he nodded.

Asuma's funeral was last week. I was out for a week. I couldn't heal him or revive in in that time.

I clenched my fist.

"Damn it." I mumbled as magic energy exploded around me clearing away the grass and trees. I fell to my knees as my magic went back into the marks.

I had to seal most of it away so that I didn't seem like a monster to others when I fought. I was doing good until I had to follow Shikamaru. It was my fault.

I wasn't strong enough to protect them all because of my selfishness.

I sat there with tears running down my face.

If I didn't seal my magic, I would've saved them. Asuma would be alive.

Shikamaru had asked me. If it was possible for me to bring someone back.

I told him I could if they had just died. If the person had been dead for more than a day then it was impossible because they have passed on.

I clenched my fists on the ground and the tears kept going.

'If I was in my demon form and not a coward. I could've have brought him back this second. Asuma would be alive.' I thought as I slammed my hands on the ground causing it to crack.

"Malia!" Sakura shouted.

I placed a shield around me and pushed it out. Sakura was being pushed away from me.

"Malia! It's me Sakura!" She shouted trying to fight the shield.

The shield stopped and I stayed in the same spot.

The tears kept coming and I began to feel pain. One of my demons was trying to talk with me. I had sealed them so that I didn't need to rely on them.

I felt something else and it hurt.

Was it guilt?

I felt my body burning and then it stopped.

The shield went down and I teleported myself away.

I stayed away from everyone for a few days and I sensed Shikamaru leaving the village.

I followed after him when I sensed he was with Kakashi.

I followed far behind them and I seen where they were going.

'He wants revenge.' I thought and I clenched my fists.

I came upon there battle. Kakuzu was fighting Kakashi and Hidan was fighting the other three.

I watched the fight looking for a weakness. Hidan didn't have one due to him being immortal. But something wasn't right with Kakuzu. I haven't noticed due to his coat covering most of his scent.

I jumped down when four things came from his back.

"I didn't notice it the first time we fought. You have five scents. One is yours. The others are not." I said as wind surrounded my hands.