_Chapter1_That Dreadful/Wonderful Day_

Elsa

A low beeping gently wakes me up from my sleep. I keep my eyes closed, the day is here. The dreadful day I wanted to stay away for the rest of my lifetime. My first day at high school. Middle school was tough enough. I was the loner and my brother Kristoff made himself the coolest kid in school. When he and Anna moved on for their first year at high school, I was on my own and it was the hardest time of my life. And now, even though my brother would be with me, I was more scared than I had ever been.

The beeping slowly creeped back into my consciousness and I had no choice. I could hear Kristoff worrying to himself about what to wear. He was the 'girl' in the family. That thought helped me to get out of bed. I giggled to myself and got dressed. I took no time at all and was finished in record time, even though my nerves threatened to stop my body from working entirely. I could hear kristoff just now finished getting dressed so I went in front of my mirror and sighed.

"It's okay Elsa, you'll do great. You're gonna make tons of friends and nothing will go wrong." I said to myself. "Who am I kidding? I'm not my brother, I just can't do this." I sighed and put my head on my dresser.

"Honey, stop putting yourself down, you'll be fine," my mother encouraged as she walked into my room.

"Thanks Mom, but what if someone finds out?" I worried. Other than my fear of being alone again, my ice magic secret was the main thing dominating my thoughts.

"No one will. Even if they do, people will accept you and your powers."

"Okay, thanks mom."

"Yo Elsa? You ready yet?" Kristoff yelled from downstairs.

"Well I guess thats my cue mom, bye."

"Bye sweetie have fun."

"I'll try."

I hurried downstairs and when I found kristoff's impatient glare, I matched it.

"Took you long enough." He remarked. His glare wouldn't cease but I could see a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Well since you just take your precious time," I sneered, "I think I deserve a few extra minutes."

"Whatever," he shrugged, "maybe I'll be nice today and introduce you to my friends."

"Rude much?"

"It's what big brothers are for." He shrugged again and let the smirk show. I laughed and he joined in. We always teased each other like this. He was always looking out for me though, and nothing could deter me from the fact that he was a great brother.

"Well, we should get on our way."

"Okay," I said and then we climbed into his beat-up blue truck. I buckled up and looked out the window as I waited to get the day over with.

Jack

The sun flooded into my room, finally, waking me from the not needed slumber. After all when you're a guardian you never need to sleep. All you can think about is the fact that people need protecting or joy and it's your job to fulfill that wish, making it hard to sleep. Sometimes it can get overwhelming but I manage. The only bad/utterly boring part is I can't always just go out and say I'm a guardian or use my real name, it's kinda funny to watch people gape in disbelief as I show them who I am. But I have to stay hidden so people don't know where I am. Being a guardian with a VERY powerful gift makes you a target for any villain in the world. So my fake name I have to use is Jack Rode, but I usually just say jack. I hate to lie to people. But I'm glad Manny and North let me tell my friends.

Friends. Oh man, I almost forgot I gotta get ready for when Punz picks me up.

I hurry to get ready, I just can't wait for this wonderful day. I just grabbing my backpack when Punzie is at the door knocking. I grab my staff and head toward the door to my lovely little flower. Or at least that's what I call her. Girlfriend is still too much, knowing I won't grow old but my lover and my friends will. Still another downside to being a guardian. I sigh silently so Rapunzel doesn't hear, but as always she's so observant and understands my mood.

"What's wrong Jacky?" She smirked at the nickname she gave me.

"Nothing," I smile at her, remembering how amazing she is, "and you know I really don't like that nickname."

"I know," she giggled, "so you ready?"

"Oh yeah, one sec." I hurried to my room, I needed to get to school but she deserved something special for her kindness. I yanked open my dresser door and pulled out a yellow box that secretly held a bright glowing flower with the color of sunshine. It just fit her character so well. I ran back downstairs, and noticed her looking at my photo wall again.

"I'm back," I called, waking her out of her trance.

"Oh yay," she said, then eye the box I held, "Jack... I said you are not allowed to give me anything."

"But I just had to Punz."

"Fine," she sighed beated. I handed her the box and she opened it slowly. I saw her face light up when she saw the necklace inside and I knew I got the perfect gift.

"Oh jack," she said, her eyes starting to water, "It's beautiful."

"Just like you, here," I carefully unravelled the necklace from the box and gently put it around Punzie's neck. Then I quickly pecked her on the cheek. She giggled and then motioned to the car. We rode to school in almost silence, smiling and still cherishing the moment I gave her the necklace. We rolled into the parking lot and I opened her door for her to be gentleman-like. She giggled and we headed for the front doors of Imagination High, the only school for kids with powers and talents. I was currently the only one in the school with ice magic, not that anyone thought because of this I was Jack Frost, just that I was some random lucky kid born with ice powers. Lucky because ice was just so rare, but I know there is someone like me out there. I can feel it.