I

Her white heels clicked smoothly on the mahogany wooden floors. It was enough to make the man sitting in the chair in front of her squirm in his seat. Her perfectly manicured nails ran over the smooth surface of her wooden mahogany desk. The Y/h/c haired woman seemed to be unbothered by the low pleads of the cowering man. It felt like moments before she finally spoke. Her voice deep but still smooth and feminine as she spoke. "Do you know why you are here Mr. Otello?"  

Otello shook his head and looked up at the two body guards on both sides of him. "I-I s-swear I'll get the money in!" He stuttered over his words, watching the woman as she walked behind her desk. "I-I was only a-a few days l-late!" 

The woman tsked, her patients wearing thin. "That's not why you're here." She opened her top drawer, her fingers already knowing what she wanted. Her eyes never left Otello's as she picked her nimble fingers around her favorite weapon. The smooth blade with a blackened handle peeped out from under the table. "Now..." She said, making her way back towards him. "Tell me why you are here." Her voice was calm. 

"I don't know! I don't know!" Otello cried. He was new to the mob business, but he was quickly figuring out how hard it was. "Please! Please don't kill me!" He begged for his life. 

A yawn fell from the woman's painted red lips. "Fingers." She commanded to her two henchmen standing by Otello. She sat down in her black leather chair while her goons made quick work. 

Every finger was broken on Otello's right hand. Otello was fortunately left handed, but he felt every bone snapping in his fingers. His scream echoed through the wooden stained room. 

A satisfied smirk ghosted over her lips. "The money you claim to not have, was stolen... from me, so not only were you late on your payment, you were going to pay me with my own money." She explained leaning back in her chair. "So... do you understand why you are here?" Despite her words she sounded almost sweet. 

Otello nodded fiercely, not having the power to speak. He had started sweating from the pain in his fingers. "Y-Yes ma'am." He held his hand.

She smiled, showing her pearly white teeth. "I'm so glad we could come to an agreement." She stood and walked towards him. "As for the money..." The blade in her hand moved dangerously close to Otello's neck. "You get me double the amount by Wednesday, or..." Her henchmen had his arm back of the already broken fingers. "You'll wish you never did business for the mob." Her words fell like venom as the knife was thrusted downward and caught in the middle of his hand. His screaming filling the room once more. Blood was seeping from the chair and onto the floor. She scoffed. "Get him out of here." She commanded. 

Y/n Y/l/n was the woman's name. Given the title of mob leader, by her father, who had simply wanted to give her a chance. She was the best at what she did and no one could take that from her. 

She walked to the wooden cabinets filled with glasses for wine or scotch, some lonely martini glasses. Her taste buds had been filled with the refreshing taste of the white wine she'd poured herself. She began to question her style of her office. It was modern with it's wooden physique. Mahogany filled the room with bookcases and cabinets. The book case that was solely a secret door to her wall of goodies was filled with books she'd already read. 

A knock on the door drew her from her thoughts. A soft 'come in' ordering the person on the other side of the door. "Ms. Y/l/n your 3 o'clock is here." The petite brunette, Violet, spoke. Violet was deftly scared of Y/n, even if Y/n had promised that she wouldn't lay a hand on her.

"Thank you Violet." Y/n's lips curved into a small smile, knowing just who her 3 o'clock was. The door was shut and she was alone again, looking out through the window at the city below her. "Enjoying the view?" She asked without turning around. She could feel his presence leaning into the room with a slightly dark energy.