XVII

Y/n's head pounded with pain as she downed another pill the doctor had prescribed her. Her headaches were from the most intense form of migraines there were. The doctor had given her medicine for when she feels she's getting one, but lately they've been getting worse. One day after she'd went to the doctor, they started to become frequent. They were paralyzing and painful. 

Emilia stayed close, standing by as someone to watch over Y/n. She often kept Y/n in the house to keep outside influences away. "Y/n I told you, you aren't ready."

"I need to see him, it's been almost a week." Y/n passed Emilia going towards the door. "I'm going wether you like it or not."

"Then I'm going with you." Emilia grabbed the pill bottle and followed Y/n into her bright garage. decorated with the most expensive cars, some she bought for herself and some were gifts. "We're taking the Porsche." Y/n took the keys out of the lock box. 

The Porsche was dark blue with tinted windows. One of Y/n's favorites from the collection of them.  Unlocking the car she hopped in the drivers seat, earning a look of concern from Emilia. Y/n rolled her eyes flicking the keys to Emilia as they switched seats. 

It didn't take them long to get the mansion, but Tom's guards were posted all around the house similar to Y/n's guards. Y/n sighed calling Tom. "Tell your men to take a break." She ordered. Seconds later the men were leaving their post and Emilia drove into a secret spot. Y/n knew all the secret entrances to get into the house, the main one leading into the bedroom. It took them through the walk-in closet. "I can't believe you do this on a daily basis." Emilia commented on the secret door. "I don't, usually it's him coming to me." 

Y/n opened the door into Tom's room. He was lying on the bed watching the tv on the wall. Y/n's eyes narrowed at the sight of him. He had a healing busted lip, bandages on his ribs and face, and his arm was still in a sling. "What the bloody hell happened to you?" Y/n pushed back her hair as she kneeled onto the bed. 

"Nothing love, just some family business." Her hands touched his bruises and brushed back his hair. He smiled and hummed in delight from feeling her touch him. Her fingers massaging his scalp. He took his eyes from the woman above him to look around her. "Who's this?" He asked, even though he already knew who the woman was. 

Y/n leaned up, her back hitting the headboard. "You know who it is Tom." She smirked. "It's my best friend, Emilia."

"Oh yes." Tom sat up slowly, but motioned for Emilia to meet him. "Very nice to finally meet you, Emilia." He placed a chaste kiss on her hand. 

"I'd like to say the same about you, but I'm not quite a fan." Emilia pulled away. A fake smile prominent on her face. "Y/n, call me when you're ready." She threw the pills so Y/n could catch them. 

Y/n smirked again rolling her eyes as her best friend left the way they came. "She's just being protective, she secretly thinks you're an okay guy." Y/n was slightly glad Emilia had decided to leave, seeing that Tom was completely shirtless with just his sweats on. 

"Okay?" Tom raised his eyebrow. Y/n raised hers as well before they shared a small laugh. This was the side Tom wanted to wake up to forever. The laid back, vulnerable side of her that was free of judgement. One might call this her soft side, while Tom just called it Y/n being herself. They shared a comfortable silence, just embracing each other. 

Y/n leaned down to place as kiss on his bruised lip. When she pulled back she stared down at Tom. "Your father do this to you?" She asked as if she had read his mind. When he licked his lips and nodded she continued. "What did you do?"

Tom looked away for a second before meeting her eyes again. "I failed him." Tom said. "I failed him by not successfully killing your father and for sleeping with you."