Chapter 7

Hazel rolled off my bed and smoothed down the sides of her hair. We just got off a two hour Skype call with Matthew, and she's still giddy with excitement.

"He's visiting you right?" She shook back and forth.

"I don't know, maybe?"

"He's so cute!" She squealed. "I would love to meet him one day!"

Knowing Matthew, I know all those winks and smiles he uses only with the 'special ladies'. He was purposefully trying to wow her, and he knows I knew what he was doing. Hazel shocked me out of my daze by squeezing me in another one of her random engulfing hugs.

"I'm gonna go make something to eat, I'm kind of hungry. Want anything?" She asked. I shook my head. "Alright then, I'll be downstairs." She skipped to the door, making her way to the stairs.

The Grant kids and I are alone in the house most of the time - come to think of it, I don't know why I refer to them as kids. Glenn and Aubree are rarely home, they spend long hours in their offices and sometimes even spend the night over there. I rarely see them before midnight. I don't even think they have an off day, which makes me kind of sad to hear.

When I was sure Hazel had made her way to the kitchen located directly below my room, I shut the door and flipped back open the laptop on my bed. I got comfortable before putting it back on my lap, opening up the Internet browser. I know I really shouldn't be doing this, but I am naturally super curious. I don't want to pester Jesse and America with questions, so I'll just unearth them myself.

"Riverside...High..." I slowly whispered to myself as I typed it into the search engine. The first link that popped up was titled 'Riverside High Sex Act'. This school must have a bad reputation if that's the first thing that shows up. I waver the cursor over the blue letters and click on it.

Riverside High Sex Act

A young, freshman girl, 14, was recently caught having sexual actions with a male teacher, 28, on school grounds. No charges pressed, teacher automatically fired and banned from district. Anonymous teen let off with warning, no suspension.

I exited the link and went back to the search engine. Scrolling down the list, I found another link of an interview with Lindsey.

"Someone had hacked into my cell phone," Lindsey speaks.

-And what had been on your cell phone, miss?

"The videos. Pictures. Pretty much everything."

-Videos?

"I recorded it on my phone. My friend got onto my phone and sent it to everyone, the administrators eventually found it."

-Why did you have sexual actions with ____?

"I don't know. I don't know why. I thought he was cute, I guess. He told me to come to his class once at lunch because I had gotten a low score on my test, but one thing led to the other and eventually we were both naked, on top-"

I clicked away of that link out of disgust. I scratch my head and keep scrolling. I don't know why I keep looking for more information. I find another link that seems interesting.

Riverside High Teacher Pleads Innocent After Video Outbreak

"I didn't do anything wrong!" He shouts, throwing his hands into the air. "She's the one who seduced me! All I was doing was explaining how to solve the incorrect answers and the next thing I knew, her hands were in my pants!"

I change my mind, this isn't interesting at all. I shake my head and exit off the Internet, shutting off my laptop and stowing it under my desk to plug it into the charger. I slip the hair tie off my wrist and tie my hair up. I realize it's much later than I thought it was, as I walked out my room and into the kitchen. It's already twelve past eight. Hazel was sitting on the couch instead of at the counter this time, with a plastic tray in her hands as she watched something play on the TV.