Chapter 15

"Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue!" Farrell teeters into me and I jump back, almost hitting a tree.

"What do you need now, Farrell."

"I took your advice and grew some balls." He smiled proudly, putting his hands on his hips.

"Woah, woah, I didn't mean literally-"

He surprised me by laughing, making me stop mid-sentence. I blink a couple times. "Okay, I'm asking her to the dance today and I just need to know where she is... Do you know?"

"She's your girlfriend, not mine. Shouldn't you know where she is."

"Huh..." He said slowly, scratching his head.

The first bell to homeroom rings and I shake my head. "Do it at break or lunch."

"Okay! Thanks for the advice, Blue!" He cried after me as I laughed, shaking my head.

-

There was an assembly after homeroom that lasted two hours long. It was about bullying and drugs and some other things that I didn't hear because I zoned out. Principal Lott smushed the whole junior and senior class together onto the gym bleachers and sat on the floor in the middle of the basketball court with a microphone lecturing us. Apparently, Custer Elementary got vandalized a few days ago, and some parents complained to the Overland District people that they saw students from Riverside in the middle of the night.

"By the way," Principal Lott said lastly. "There will be a football game here on campus against Mount Chaser High at seven, tonight. Now, they're very nice people, meaning, I do not want any trouble."

Everyone sighed in annoyance before they dismissed us.

-

The assembly caused the upper class to miss the first two periods and break, which meant I had to go to science after it was over. Farrell must be getting anxious as the minutes go by without him seeing his girlfriend.

I enter into the classroom and see Jack and America discussing something across the aisle. Prince is back and conscious, subconsciously twirling around a pencil in his hand. I strut over and get on top of my stool, laying my backpack on my lap.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked. My eyes scanned up as the hipster walked into the room. I swear, she wears the same exact shit but in different colors everyday.

"What do you think?" Jack asked as if I could read minds. "Yesterday's meeting of the Riverside Foot-"

"Yeah, I get it," I cut him off.

"Guess what, I actually went to the meeting, and boy, was there some juicy information," America cackled.

Paige rounded the desk behind Jack's and sat in her seat, before standing up again to tap Prince on the shoulder.

"What?" He said harshly. Ah, the normal Prince is back.

"Can we trade seats? I want to talk to them." She gestured out to us. He scoffed and turned back around.

With a scowl on her face, she grabbed onto the bottom of her chair and dragged it to the aisle, placing it between Jack and America's seats.

"Okay guys, let's spill to Blue all the dirty secrets we-

"Excuse me?" America snapped. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

She bit her tongue, taken aback by America. Sputtering out a three syllable mumble, she fired back. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" She really needs to work on her comebacks.