His Last Vow: Part Three

We exited from Bart's, where Sherlock was waiting in a cab. Per tradition, I sat in the front of the car while Sherlock and John rode in the back. I tried turning on my phone, only to realise it was dead.

"You've heard of Charles Augustus Magnussen, of course." Sherlock told John in the back.

"Yeah. Owns some newspapers – ones I don't read."John brushed off.

"Magnussen?" I asked, turning my head slightly as Sherlock looked around the cab.

"Wait, weren't there other people? Other than Aspen." He asked.

"Mary's taking the boys home; I'm taking you, and Aspen. We did discuss it." John explained.

"People were talking, none of them me. I must have filtered. I have to filter out a lot of witless babble. I've got Mrs Hudson on semi-permanent mute." He explained, going into his own fit of babble. We arrived at 221B quickly, and I got out swiftly.

"What is my brother doing here?" Sherlock exasperated. I felt my stomach heave and grasped the small fence near our door as Sherlock went inside.

John ended up having to pay for the taxi, while I vomited onto the small potted plant. I felt John's hand on my back while he had a foot in the door.

"Nature's detoxification, I guess." I said, and wiped my lips. John let out a single laugh as I clutched the threshold.

"Dear Aspen." I heard the smug voice of Mycroft. "Got yourself wrapped in Sherlock's habits? Or just wild teen partying gone too far?"

"Shut up, Mycroft." I snubbed, and wrapped my other arm around my stomach. Sherlock and John had already gone upstairs, with the former looking thoroughly pissed off.

Sherlock's older brother studied me for a minute before following the duo. I stopped and leaned against the wall, trying to process the past twelve hours, and feeling a physical burden fall upon me. With a whimper I trudged up the stairs, wishing my friends were here.

When I got to our flat, I saw Sherlock having Mycroft pinned against the wall in the kitchen.

"Brother mine, don't appall me when I'm high." Sherlock threatened as I pulled up a chair at the table.

"Mycroft, don't say another word, just go." I annoyingly told the man.

"Yeah, he could snap you in two and right now, I'm slightly worried he might." John advised before Mycroft broke free of Sherlock's grip. He looked back at his brother, then my uncle, then me.

"Don't speak, just leave." John ordered, handing Mycroft his umbrella.

He left in a rage as I rested my head against the table, and Sherlock went to stretch in the living room.

"Magnussen?" John asked.

"What time is it?" Sherlock asked his friend and ignoring his question.
"Almost eight." John informed.

Sherlock made a disgusted sound and began to walk my way.
"I'll be meeting him in three hours, I'll need a bath." He stated, and I lifted my head.