Chapter 2

"Ah, great. You're awake."

The first voice that Harry heard after waking up was familiar yet hard to pinpoint. He blinked a few times and looked around to see from where the voice came from and who was the source of it. And then he faced the same 'dark man' that gave him his dinner earlier.

"How's your head?" He asked making Harry frown in confusion. If he kidnapped him, why was he being concerned about him?

The look on Harry's face made the man chuckle and he picked up a thermometer from the bedside table and brought it to Harry's mouth. "Open up."

Harry cautiously looked at the thermometer and than at the man. "W-why-why are being kind to me?" He build up the courage to ask the man the question that had the man sigh.

"It's a long story. You'll get to know it later. Right now, open." Harry was still considerate but something about the man's tone had him trust on him a tiny bit when he said it and opened his mouth, closing it once the thermometer was put in under his tongue. After sixty seconds, the man pulled it back and seeing the reading, he sighed.

"It's not much. You'll be okay."

"You didn't answer my question. If you kidnapped me-"

"I'm not the one who brought you here, kid-"

"I have a name." Harry didn't know from where this confidence was coming from but it was. And honestly, until the man has had enough, Harry thought he was doing good.

"Right. Harry. I didn't bring you here. I'm only here to watch you. Someone else brought you here, more like ordered."

"Wh-who?" Harry got scares again because there was another person in the picture now and Harry was completely unaware of them.

"I can't tell you. Neither am I suppose to talk to you this much. Here's your food, brought a new batch. Eat up before I come back." The man sternly said making the poor seventeen year old nod violently, terrified of everything happening once again.

"W-what's your name?" Harry built up the courage to ask this question as the man turned the handle of the door to open it. He turned around, looking at Harry, thinking of whether or not he should answer the question.

"Higgins. Paul Higgins." And Harry was once again left alone in the room.

His head was spinning with all the new information he just got. It didn't give him the slightest clue as to where he was or who has kept him there or what was going to happen to him, but at least now he knew that there was another person other than the intimidating man, who was Paul Higgins as he got to know. He also saw that Paul Higgins was not being harsh with him at all. That eased his tension, but not fully. The man was under orders, orders by someone who was obviously dangerous enough to have a powerful man like Paul under his command.

Harry angled his face to see the same tray with fresh toasts. He contemplated a bit but ended up giving in and thought of eating a few bites because it had been a while since he last ate and he also didn't know when he'll get food after that.

He got a bread slice, not bothering with the jam, he brought it to his opened mouth with his trembling hands and took a bite. That very second he let out a sob that he was holding in ever since he woke up in that nameless place.

He brought his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them and burying his face in. His hand was crumbling the toast but he couldn't get himself to care about it. All his life was just piling up inside his head and he thought of why can't something good happen for once.

Ever since birth, he was struggling. No father, no mother, no money, no education, no support, no care, no love. Where would he go? What would happen to him? Will he always be alone like he was in that darned room? These questions ran through his mind and another pile of tear streamed out with a choked sob. There could be someone outside the door that very moment who could listen to the noise but Harry didn't care. He just needed to get it all out.