Chapter 22

For the next half an hour, Harry laid on the bed with nothing to do. Zayn or Louis hadn't interrupted him since the time Zayn had left. Harry was waiting for the police to come and ask questions and get it over with. But they wouldn't be coming till morning, seeing the fact that it was past midnight.

He didn't know what questions they will ask him, and about who they will ask him; Louis or Leon, or both maybe. Louis did kidnap him in the first place. But should he turn in Louis after everything or not? This question was fogging up his mind.

A while later, a knock came at the door before it silently was opened revealing a tired looking Zayn. Sure, he must've been tired too after a hectic day like this.

"We all can't stay here the night so we're leaving. Thought I should inform you." He said.

"Okay." Harry nodded lightly.

Zayn nodded and was about to close the door when he heard Harry's hesitant voice. "Good night."

Zayn looked up at Harry and smiled softly, "Good night."

And he was gone.

He heard faint voices of Zayn, Louis and Paul (he didn't know Paul was here till yet) from outside the room and couldn't register what they were talking about. He could tell that they were right outside the door though.

Soon enough, he heard footsteps fade away and he sighed. Even while having nurses and doctors and other patients in the hospital, he felt lonely. Something that he didn't feel while the others were outside. Quite shocking, it was.

He laid there and closed his eyes till sleep overcame him.

~

In the morning, he woke up and found himself being with another presence in the room. He turned his head to the left and groaned quietly at the cranky neck he had.

"Oh, you're awake. How was your sleep?" The nurse kindly asked.

"Was okay." Harry mumbled in his morning voice.

"Good. You're mates came earlier and are outside. Do you want me to call any of them in?" She asked, checking the drip bag that was connected to Harry's hand.

"Not really, no." Harry mumbled sadly. They're not my mates, he added in his brain.

"Well... I guess I should at least tell them you're awake, shouldn't I? One didn't even leave for the night." She said, now nonchalantly writing something down on a clip board.

"What?" Harry frowned.

"We told them only family members are allowed to stay the night and they weren't family. One of them was getting really... worried? Stayed the night on the chairs outside. We offered him to come in here and sleep on that couch but he didn't move. Said he wouldn't do such thing to you." The nurse frowned her eyebrows because she was still confused at the statement.

"W-which one was he?"

"I never asked him his name but I guess he's the brother of the one that got arrested yesterday. Or from what I've been told." She shrugged, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear and grabbed the clip board from the table.

"Well, you have certainly improved since yesterday. It's good to see that your wounds are healing and your heartbeat is normal once again. Any danger to your heart is highly doubted and I think if you can start sitting and walking on your own, you can be released by the end of today or tomorrow." She said.

Harry's mind couldn't process what she was saying now because it was too caught up in the fact provided before all of this. Even though, he was being told that he going to be released soon and how much he has healed, he didn't seem to care. All he could think about was Louis being outside. And not just since morning, but since the night before.