Chapter 17

"Dinner's ready." Harry came to Zayn's room to inform the duo. Louis hadn't left the room since his breakdown a few hours ago, in fear of seeing Harry. It was like all the hard work he did to build up his confidence and demanding character were just years gone to waste. He was back to his early teenage self when it all happened, only this time feeling dirtier with an enormous amount of guilt seeping through his veins with every second passed.

Even though Harry had knocked before entering, Louis raised to gaze to see him and it was definitely a bad decision. To avoid anything from happening to himself again, he shifted his position so he wasn't facing Harry. It was a really subtle move, no one really noticed.

"Alright. We'll be down in a sec'." Zayn said, silently shooing Harry away. Harry wasn't the one to object to that and gladly left the room.

"You know, you're gonna have to face him sooner or later, yeah?" Zayn softly spoke to Louis.

"I know that." Louis mumbled, looking down on his lap. Zayn sighed.

"Come on. Dinner time." Zayn patted Louis' back as he got up from the bed, gesturing Louis to do the same thing. With a heap of a sigh, Louis got up grunting.

They made their way downstairs, where they saw Harry leaning against the counter and mindlessly fiddling a spoon to pass his time. He was looking down at it and since Louis and Zayn were quiet, he didn't notice them coming until Zayn pulled out a chair making a screeching noise.

Harry looked up to see both men standing in front of him, Zayn looking at him and Louis pulling his chair before silently sitting down.

"Uh... is there anything else you want?" Harry asked the usual question before every meal they have and he serves.

"No, I think we're good." Zayn said.

Harry nodded and turned around to grab his plate, turning to go to his own 'eating room'.

"Aren't you gonna eat here?" Zayn asked confusedly, because Harry was eating the past few meals with them.

"Um... can I eat there?" Harry pointed at the room where he usually ate. Zayn looked at Louis who was already looking at him. Once meeting the gaze, Louis shrugged and looked down.

"Eat wherever you want." Louis said.

"Thank you." Harry said and made his way to the room.

Louis flinched. He had to thank him for that? How can he be courteous after everything that has happened?! The simple thank you was a bullet through Louis' stomach. He clenched and unclenched his fist to try and get himself together. Zayn was surprised to hear Louis giving Harry some privilege like that.

"Lou?" Louis met Zayn's gaze again, seeing concern and confusion written on his face.

"I'm okay." Louis said before starting off with his own meal. Soon Zayn followed.

~

"Where the hell is Paul?" Louis asked annoyed.

"I send him to pay the group. Why?"

"I needed him."

"Why?" Zayn repeated his question.

"I told him to go buy Harry some new shoes like a week ago."

"Oh, well why don't you take him?" Zayn said picking up his wallet and checking the items inside.

"You seriously asking me that?" Louis raised one eyebrow.

"Yeah. It'll give you a chance to overcome your fear about him. He's pretty much still scared of you so he wouldn't do anything."

"Except for the fact that he stood up for himself." Louis mumbled. Zayn had mentioned to Louis about Harry's sudden confidence almost two weeks ago. Louis was shocked, couldn't believe it, but he knew Zayn wouldn't lie about anything like that to him. The news about Harry had vanished completely so Louis decided it would be best to get some decent pair of shoes seeing his current ones were completely falling apart. Surprisingly, Harry hadn't complained, not even mentioned, about his shoes.