━━ chapter six.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫❝ 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁

DAHLIA WALKED through the corridors of S.H.I.E.L.D's headquarters, twirling her sunglasses around her index finger. After her incredibly disastrous day with Jimmy Woo, she needed a break. She headed towards the training room, wearing her training gear. Cracking her knuckles, she stretched her body out, her eyes focusing on the punching bag in front of her.

"Here goes." Dahlia breathed out, as she throws punches against the punching bag. The impact of her fists hitting the bag, her arms vibrating. She let out her frustration on the bag, as she felt the trickles of sweat trailing her face and body. Dahlia was disappointed at the fact that her mission today failed miserably, with her ending up with a throbbing head and bruised cheeks.

A wisp of air brushes past her, stepping away from the punching bag as she whipped her head around. Scrunching her eyebrows, biting her lips in frustration, she looked back at the punching bag. Without a single warning, a person in a grey suit phases in front of her, walking through the punching bag. Dahlia stumbled backwards, landing harshly on her back. Her elbows hit the ground, before the skin splits open.

"Shit." Dahlia winced in pain. She looks up, as she sees the person take off the mask covering their face.

"I'm so sorry Dahlia." the person apologised. The person gave their hand to Dahlia, lifting her from the floor. Dahlia examined her abrasions.

"It's okay Ava, don't worry about it." Dahlia sat by the benches in the training room, unstrapping her gloves covering her hands.

"How was the mission?" Ava asked.

"Shit." Dahlia replied.

"That bad, huh?"

"Yep." Dahlia sighed.

"Sorry about that."

"Never mind about my useless day at work, how was your mission?"

"I hate this all. I want to leave. I know you want to leave too, Dahlia." Ava bluntly spoke.

"I have nowhere else to go Ava. You should know this better than anyone else." Dahlia sighed.

"I'm sorry." Ava apologised. Dahlia faintly smiled, before heading back to Ava. She rested her hands in the slender woman's hands, hoping they would not phase through. To her luck, their hands fill one another's, as Dahlia looked up at Ava. The thoughts running through her mind and wishes she wanted to fulfil. She wanted to bridge the gap between her and Ava. However, she knew it would be impossible to share a tender moment such as a kiss.