━━ chapter seven.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡❝ 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓-𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓-𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁

A FEW KNOCKS on her door, Dahlia rolls out of her bed. Shuffling around her dark apartment, she yawns loudly before opening the door. Ava was on the other end, sweat covering her body before limping inside. She nearly falls over before Dahlia catches her in her arms.

"Ava! What happened?" Dahlia carries her to the couch. Ava lies back, heavily breathing. She groans in pain, as Dahlia sits by her side.

"The pain. It's too much." she cried out.

"What can I do!" Dahlia panicked. She was clueless in this situation.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. wants to kill me not help me." Ava groaned out.

"What! You cannot he serious."

"There's a reason why I hated working for them. I don't want to go back Dahlia." Ava's eyes watering with her tears. Dahlia's heart aches seeing Ava in such pain. She soon carries the slender woman in her arms, taking her to her bedroom. Resting her on the bed, she crawls underneath the covers with Ava.

"I'll keep you safe." Dahlia whispered.

"I don't want to die. Please, don't let me die." Ava cried. Dahlia wrapped her arms around Ava's waist, pulling her body closer to her own. The embrace was calming for Ava. Dahlia's heart hammered against her chest, as she stroked Ava's arms to calm her. For once, she was able to embrace the fragile woman.

"Ava. What did you want to do with your life before everything happened?" Dahlia asked.

"I...don't remember. Everything was so different back then. I...loved to dance. It would've been nice to have been a dancer." Ava mumbled.

"You have a dancer's figure." Dahlia smiled into the crook of Ava's neck.

"What about you?" Ava asked.

"I think espionage or just law enforcement was my dream. That came true to be honest."

"Dahlia?"

"Yeah?"

"You never speak about your parents." Dahlia bites her bottom lips anxiously.

"We don't really talk to each other anymore."

"Why?"

"I...came out to them and they kicked me out." Ava turned over and stared at the blonde woman.

"Lia. I'm so sorry."

"It's why I started to live with Hank Pym and Hope van Dyne. However, after I joined S.H.I.E.L.D, I left. Hank does not like people who work for them."

"You're a good person." Ava lightly smiled.

"Thank you. Now you should rest." Ava turned over, her back facing Dahlia.

"Hold me tightly Lia." Ava mumbled before drifting off to sleep. Dahlia breathes in the scent of the slender woman, soon dozing off to the sweet smell.

"I love you." Dahlia said in her head.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

DAHLIA PUSHES the doors of the laboratory, seeing Ava fidgeting with the controls to open the quantum portal. Bill helped with configuring the controls. The energy surging through the building was powerful, as it vibrated through Dahlia's veins.

Ava looks up to see Dahlia, looking away as their eyes met. Her heart ached again, knowing Ava was still angry with her. Dahlia soon joined the two of them.

"What's going on?" Dahlia speaks up.

"We're getting the portal ready." Bill said.

"Took you long to get here." Ava smirked. Dahlia was surprised to see Ava treating her the same as usual.

"Didn't know where you both were." Dahlia scoffed.

"Well, you do now." In the back of Dahlia's mind, she was unsure about the plan, deciding to talk privately with Bill. She walked towards the older man, lowering her voice so Ava could not hear her.

"We cannot go through with this Bill." Dahlia whispered.

"There's not much we can change Dahlia. I'm sorry." Bill apologised. Dahlia sighed.

"Lia, can we talk?" Ava called out. Dahlia nodded, heading towards her. Ava pulled her to the side, as Dahlia felt her heart hammering against her chest whenever their skin came into contact with one another's.

"What's wrong?" Dahlia asked.

"Remember the night I came to your apartment a few years ago?"

"Yeah?" Dahlia was confused. She did not understand why Ava was bringing that night up.

"It was a night I truly treasured. I'm sorry about being angry with you. I did not mean to." Ava apologised.

"You do not have to apologise to me Ava." Dahlia said. The energy emitted from the portal dies out as Ava soon notices this. Her anger returned, Dahlia beginning to feel worried once again. She sees the fragile woman walking towards Bill. Ants covered the connections of the controls underneath, as the circuitry shorted circuited.

"LANG!" Ava shouted out, pulling her mask back on. She phases through the walls, her silhouette disappearing. This is not a good sign, as Dahlia rushed out of the building in order to catch up with Ava.