━━ chapter twelve.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘❝ 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘
❝ 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀 ❞

DAHLIA'S CAR parks in the yard of Scott Lang's house, as she followed Jimmy Woo inside. She could see the raging emotion clear on his face, as he and several FBI agents rush into the house. Dahlia took her opportunity to place a stick of chewing gum in her mouth, the minty taste filling her mouth. It was a comforting flavour. Placing her sunglasses over her eyes, she finally enters the residence of Scott Lang. Hopefully, he made it back home on time.

Jimmy waited for her, as he seemingly scowled at her for wasting time.

"Come on Whitehall." he huffed, as she followed Jimmy through the house. To his surprise, he is greeted by Scott sitting in front of a Guitar Hero drum set, drumming away as headphones covered his ears. Too engrossed with the drum set, he finally looks up. Faking a stunned look on his face, he pulls off his headphones, smiling cheekily at Jimmy. Dahlia discreetly smiled to herself, seeing the displeased look on Jimmy's face.

"Is my house arrest finally over?" Scott asked. Jimmy stared scornfully at Scott, before instructing one of the FBI agents to remove the tracking anklet from Scott.

"I honestly do not know how you did it Lang but your house arrest is over." Jimmy mumbled. Dahlia's phone buzzes in her pocket, notifying Woo, as she headed to the living room to talk in private.

"Hello?" Dahlia answered.

"Agent Whitehall, this is Nick Fury." Dahlia nearly choked in surprise. Why was Nick Fury contacting her?

"Director Fury..."

"Whitehall, Agent Hill and I need your help."

"With what exactly?"

"We are planning on rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D."

"What."

"Seeing as you are one of our best agents, we would like for you to help us along the way. However, I know of your history with Agent Starr. Please remember that some agents were Hydra in disguise. Whoever made false promises to her, I apologise for it. Let me know your decision by the end of today."

"Yes sir." The call was disconnected, as she joined Woo back in the passageway.

"Are you alright?" he asked, as he noticed the troubled look on Dahlia's face.

"I'm fine. I am." Dahlia faked a smile.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

DAHLIA RESTS on the edge of the bed, kicking off her boots as the cool air of the night soothes her feet. Ava wraps her arms around Dahlia's waist, planting a kiss on her neck. Dahlia wearily smiled, before facing Ava. They exchanged a deep kiss before Ava soon noticed something was wrong.

"Lia, are you okay?" she asked.

"I got a phone call." Dahlia softly spoke.

"From who?"

"Nick Fury." Dahlia could see Ava tense up at the name.

"What did he want?" she mumbled.

"He wants to rebuild S.H.I.E.L.D. and he wants me to help." Dahlia explained. She was afraid of Ava's reaction. She looked at Ava, as she was silent, staring at the bed sheets.

"Do it." she said.

"Ava...are you..."

"If he wants you to help rebuild S.H.I.E.L.D, then do it. I have nothing against Nick Fury but the initial ideals of S.H.I.E.L.D. made me hate them so much. If he is planning to change the past and start afresh, I want you to be a part of it."

"I love you Ava." Dahlia engulfed the woman in a hug.

"I love you Dahlia." Ava soon leaned forward, their lips touching. Dahlia's senses were on fire, as she felt a familiar scent wrapping around them. The smell of fresh flowers and wet grass. Honeysuckle overpowered her smell. Her mind strayed away once her back landed on the bed, with her true love towering over.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"DIRECTOR FURY, my answer is yes." she spoke softly. The phone conversation ended, as Dahlia looked back at the sleeping figure of Ava. She soon feels her head spinning uncontrollably, her mouth parched. She headed to the kitchen, filling a clean glass with tap water. A few gulps, she sighed in relief. Running her tongue along her lips, the taste of berries greeted her. She did not remember having any fruit earlier. Her nose breathes in the scent of roses. Breathing out, pink mist leaving her mouth. The smell of roses once again.

"What is going on..." Dahlia could not comprehend what was happening, before darkness consumed her. She felt herself being shaken, before her eyes flew open. She was lying on the kitchen floor, her head throbbing in immense pain. Ava looked down at her, a look of worry on her face.

"What happened?" Dahlia asked.

"I heard you speaking to Fury and soon I heard a loud thud in the kitchen. That's when I saw you passed out on the floor." So it was a dream but what did the dream mean?

▬▬▬▬▬▬

AUTHOR'S NOTE
28 / 11 / 2018

this is the end! the cliffhanger will be explained in the future but for now, that's it! thank you all for the support as always and also, to think this account grew ever since i posted my first marvel fic. thank you all for your support! i hope you will support my future stories but anyway, enjoy the epilogue!

 thank you all for your support! i hope you will support my future stories but anyway, enjoy the epilogue!