Close call

We were off by noon. Joey seemed alright, luckily. Poor guy.. Tea and Tristan kept an eye on him. You lead them along and make it to the next town. Yami didn't say a word since last night. You wanted to ask but you were unsure how to approach him. You and the others emerged from the outskirts into the city. It was nice.. You remember bits and pieces of it. You had seen it once but couldn't put your finger on when..
...
"Y/n.. " said yami, awakening you from your thoughts. "Huh? Are you ok?" You said. He felt guilty. You felt it. "I'm sorry I could not help. I could have prevented this." He said. You sighed, "its not your fault. Please don't be upset." He chuckled. "As much as I want to believe that sweet comment, I'm afraid It won't help how I feel. Thank you for trying though." He said, bitter sweetness in his heart. You felt a little defeated.
...
You started noticing the cloaks in the crowd. The cloaks of your old master's wizards. The ones that chased you in the alleys. You tugged on Tristan's sleeve to get his attention. "Hm? Oh whats up, y/n?" He said. You pointed out a wizard in the crowd. "Bad news." You said, fear evident in your voice. Joey chimed in, "The heck are they wearing?" You felt nervous and brushed your hand against the cuff around your neck. You knew they had found you. They began to push through people. Without question, yami had once again taken control of you. He ran through the crowd and found a clear alley, the others right behind him. Because you couldn't quite do it on your own, you and Tristan pulled a manhole cover aside and the group escaped into a sewer tunnel.
...
"Everyone alright?" Tea said quietly. Quiet yeses from you, joey, and Tristan were heard. Yami released you. You shivered, the cold dark place giving you the creeps. The smell didn't really bother you, considering the living conditions of your old cell. You remembered how miserable it was, not super different from the sewer. You wondered how your old cell mate was doing.. "Y/n are you ok?" Said joey, leaning against a wall. You nodded, still a bit shy toward them. "Yes but what about you? Your the hurt one." You say. "I'll be fiiine." He said. You looked down. You felt yami's almost non existent touch as he placed a hand on your shoulder. "Y/n are you alright?" He said. That confident care in his voice made you melt.. "Yes.. Just reminiscing.." You said tucking some of your (h/l) (h/c) hair behind your ear. ".. Those wizards. They work for your master, correct?" He said. You nodded. "You fear them?" He said. You nodded again. Those wizards were cold and MEAN. "why?" He asked.
...
"They killed him."
--
Short  chapter I know but I was trying and constantly butchering this chapter. I'll keep it going! -sps