~11~Mission?~

"This is so unfair" I stated with sass.

"How? You've kept yourself in for 30 minutes without breaking a single sweat!" Naomi complained.

I sent her a smirk as I blocked her attacks.

"Are you even tired yet?"

"Nope" I chirped, popping the 'p'.

I was currently testing my strength and stamina.

It was Genesis, Nash and I against Hunter, Lillian, Diego and Naomi.

We were sparing in teams but once you got tagged, you were out. We got Diego out but Nash and Genesis got out, leaving me to fend for myself. Miranda just watched from the side lines. She would rather eat and watch than join in, because lunch time is for eating.

::::::::::

The rules were simple;
-the first 5 minutes are just to warm up before being equipped with tags.
-no seriously dangerous attacks.
-the first 20 minuets consisted of no magic whatsoever.
-no alliances between teams.
-once you are out, you are not allowed to interfere.

::::::::::

Even though its been 35 minutes since we started I haven't actually used my magic to attack or defend. I decided I'd save my magic and use a Bõ (Wooden staff) and my dodging skills.

I've lasted 18 minutes with no teammates, I have the right to be proud. Seven months ago I would of been one of the first ones out.

The three of them started to surround me.

Oooh yay! They have a plan!

Let's see how this will play out.

I continued to defend myself and with my keen senses I heard the sound of metal rolling on the magically reinforced, wooden floors. I saw an arrow being shot, aiming for my left shoulder.

I dodged just in time. I then felt something skim my right foot.

Not today!

As the metal exploded I jumped, and using a levitation spell Lillian taught me, landed onto a beam that was a good 30 maybe 35 feet up.

I looked down just in time to see the three of them with masks waiting for the murky air to clear out.

As it became clearer they saw that I wasn't there. Seeing that they were distracted I took my chance to strike, I threw down 3 taggers so the word 'in' that displayed upon their head changed into 'tagged'.

I jumped down and laughed as I saw their facial expressions.

"That was so cool, but I'll get you next time" Hunter said as we fist bump. I smiled at him and he grinned. I felt the heat rise up in my cheeks.

"Very Impressive Adaline. You have improved immensely since you've last displayed your capabilities" a familiar, masculine voice spoke.

Our attention was then directed to the group of mages at the entrance.

Master Kinn was there, but she obviously didn't compliment me.

Instead it was Master Sholet. With him were Grayson, Anna and the 6 I didn't want to see.

When they say that eyes are windows to the soul, believe it. Not just anyone can fully mask their intentions and feelings.