93

-Not lonely anymore

What a peaceful feeling it is to embrace the numbness.

I never thought I could sit alone in the dark at night without being haunted by memories of your sweet promises or the sound of your laughter.

I believed I would always be tormented by the familiar faces of those I once shared my happiest moments with.

I thought the fleeting nature of this world would forever upset me, and that consistency would be my only goal.

Now I understand that true consistency means being comfortable in my own company.

As I sit in my living room, watching cars glide along the bustling highway outside, I realize that moving forward is what truly matters.

Not for a specific reason or destination, but because remaining stuck in the past can destroy you.

I refuse to choose what's toxic for me.

Instead, I will choose to live fully on the days when I feel like giving up.

I will choose to laugh until it hurts on days I want to cry.

Letting go of the past is hard, especially when I long to hold on to those who've left.

But I won't be the one begging anymore.

Those who truly care should want to stay away on their own terms; if they don't, I won't hold on.

I am enough, and I am someone easy to love.

If that isn't how others treat me, then I don't want the connection.

Clarity comes with calmness.

I understand that what needs to leave my life will do so, and those who wish to stay will find their way.

I stand tall, free from expectations and regrets, armed with the wisdom and lessons I've learned along the way.