Trust

Trust is earned and Natsu is earning it. He insisted on spending lunch with me today. I protested but he wasn't hearing it. So I finally gave in. How bad could it be?

Very bad because I'm still trying to rebuild my walls. I can't let anyone else in. The only one I've let in is Levy and that's because she earned my trust. Sure we may have our differences but she's proven to be a true friend.

This guy on the other hand just barely realized I even existed! Seriously he didn't even know I was alive until recently. How dense is that?! No sooner do I think about him that he appears.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Hey!" He greets me with a warm smile

"Hi." I respond.

"Something wrong?" He asks. The smile has now faded.

"No. I'm just not used to having people around me at lunch. Especially you."

"Oh. I see." He says and looks down at the ground. "Well I guess nows a good a time as any to get used to it!" He says sounding rather chipper all of a sudden. He then grabs my hand and pulls me away from my spot.

"Where are we going?" I ask trying to keep up.

"Just to walk around. Levy said you usually just wander around the school." He says with a smile as he slows his pace. People start staring at us and I blush.

"Uhh. Natsu. You sure you want to walk around the school....while holding my hand?" I ask nervously while blushing like crazy. He looks at me then our hands and then at people staring at us and let's go. Not in a bad way but kind of in a sad way. Why?

"Sorry. I didn't realize.."

"It's ok" I cut him off. "I just don't want people to think we are dating or anything and we aren't."

"You make it sound like us dating is a bad thing" He jokes. I stiffen a bit. Relationships are still a touch subject for me.

"Natsu, right now it is. I can't even think about it. Heck until yesterday I haven't even touched a guy since...he left." I say with deep sadness in my voice. I stop walking and so does Natsu. I wipe away tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey, Hey, it's ok. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He walks up to me. He wants to comfort me by hugging me or putting a arm around me but hesitates.

"It's ok. Let's go. I know a spot." I grab his hand and rush away from the people around us. It probably looked bad but at that moment I didn't care.

We reach my favorite spot in the school. The field. It's grassy and well kept and people don't go there unless they need to.

"Why are we here?" Natsu asks sounding extremely confused

"Because I like it and people rarely come here." I say as I lay my backpack and sweater down. I sit on my sweater and lay my head on my backpack and stare at the sky. Natsu smiles and shakes his head at me. He sits down next to me but decides to look at me instead of the sky.

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask trying not to sound annoyed

"I just can't believe I never noticed you before. I don't know how I was so blind." He says softly.

"Natsu. You sound sappy." I giggle and he blushes.

"Seriously though Natsu. Your making it sound like you like me as more than a friend....and you know I can't allow that. I can't be hurt again." My voice went from seriousness to sadness and I turn away.

"I know. I know your hurt. I want to help you heal. But Y/N," He reaches for my shoulder and I flinch. He gently pulls me to look at him. "You can't stay alone forever. You should give love another chance some day." He says with sincerity.