Chapter 3|Why?

Yoongi's P.O.V

I was drifting into my usual nap until an irritating sound disrupted my peace.

"I'm Le'Jin'dary," Jin proclaimed, his laughter echoing like a grating windshield wiper.

"Shut up," I muttered, glaring at him. "Don't tell me what to do! I'm older than you," Jin defensively retorted.

"So it's best that you stay away from them," a voice chimed in. My eyes scanned the cafeteria, stopping at a particular group – BLACKPINK, the campus's infamous girls. Jennie, their leader, pointed in our direction, seemingly warning a new girl. Wait, BLACKPINK has a new member? She looks kind of cute. Keep yourself together, Yoongi; she's just like the rest.

"No! I will not stay away from them. We should help them, not treat them like outcasts!" the new girl asserted. I stared at her in disbelief – she defended us? No one ever did that before. Ever. She's... really something special.

Badum... Badum... Badum...

She defended us. No one has ever done that before. She's really something special. Get your head together, Yoongi. No one would help losers like you and your friends.

No, she's different. I can feel it.

It could all be an act, Yoongi.

But it can also be true!

Fine, believe in yourself. She will never like you.

Shut up, Suga!

"Are you okay, Yoongi?" Jin asked. "Yes, I'm fine," I replied, still staring at the new girl. "Okay," Jin said, eyeing me suspiciously. A loud thump diverted our attention to Taehyung hitting his head on the table. Well, I'm not surprised.

"Yah! Taehyung! What's wrong?" Jin asked. "Awww, you care about me!" Taehyung teased. "I can't eat well if you keep hitting your head on the table," Jin scolded.

"Sorry! It's because Jisoo didn't sit next to me," Taehyung explained, pouting. "Wait, Jisoo?!" Jungkook exclaimed. "Yeah, you know her?" Taehyung replied. "Yeah! She sat next to me in the first period. She's the new student!" Jungkook announced, showcasing his bunny smile.

Jisoo... is her name.

She's the new student. Yoongi, looks like you have a little competition?

Shut up, Suga. I won't let her be my first priority other than my friends.

We'll see, Yoongi. We'll see.

RINGGGGGGG......!!?!??!?!!

"Ah, the annoying sound is back... Other than Jin~Hyung's voice," Jimin muttered, the last part luckily unheard by Jin.

"C'mon! We don't want to be late, do we?" Namjoon urged, and we all stood up, leaving the cafeteria.

"Hey, Kookie... Is Jisoo open to making new friends?" I asked. "Uhmm, yeah, pretty much," Jungkook replied. "Oh, really? That's perfect! Can you introduce her to us?" I asked. "Why?" He said, glaring at me. "Because I want to make new friends!" I said. "Hyung... You hate people... There is a reason why you want to meet Jisoo... What is it?" Jungkook questioned, eyeing me. "Why do you care?" I snapped, and he glared back. "Fine, but don't do anything stupid," Jungkook said, sighing, as he walked to his next class.

Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi... I thought you didn't like her?

I never said that.

Hmm... So you're competing for her heart now? Huh?

No.

Hmm? What do you mean no?

Because she's going to be mine. No matter what happens.