8

I wake in a sweat and sit up in bed from an awful nightmare, Edward getting the shit beat out of him by Dax and I couldn't do anything to stop it, it was so real.

My breathing is harsh and I'm sweating.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay Lou, breathe" Harry's voice tells me.

I feel his hands on my arms, trying to calm me.

"Edward" I gasp, trying to calm down, it's dark and I can't see Edward anywhere.

"He's here Pidge, right next to you" Harry tells me.

"No....Dax, he....he" I say getting upset again, my dream was so real.

"Lou?" Edwards voice sounds in the room. Harry then turns the small lamp on beside the bed.

I feel Edward move and he's in front of me, he grabs my cheeks in his hands and looks me in the eyes.

"I'm okay, I'm right here, Harry's here too we're both okay" He tells me.

I calm down when I realise he's right, they are both safe and I'm safe and we are all here together.

"I'm sorry" I say trying to shake the thoughts from my head.

"It's okay" Harry tells me.

'Hey, you're shaking, come here, you're okay" Edward says and he brings me into his arms, he lays me down and across his bare chest. He is warm and his strong arms surround me, he is hesitant at first but he relaxes.

"Do you need some water Pidge" Harry asks and I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Nnnoooo, I'm okay thanks" I respond shakily.

"Louis, I need you to calm down, it was just a dream everything is okay" Edward tells me when I'm still shaking.

He reaches out and swipes my hair and I relax at his touch.

"Good boy Pidge" Harry says.

Harry has moved closer to us and I feel his arm snake around my waist too.

"What happened in your dream?" Edward asks.

I sigh and take a deep breath.

"Dax, he, he was beating you and Harry wasn't there and I couldn't stop him and there was so much blood and you were hurt and." I start but I'm cut off.

"Okay, okay, we get it it's okay shhhh" Harry tells me.

I take a few deep breaths and relax when my breathing steadies. It's silent for a while before Edward pipes up.

"You know, I'm insulted you think Dax could even get a punch in" He says jokingly.

I look up to his face and giggle a stupid giggle, Harry chuckles while Edward has a huge smile on his face, his dimples popping. We relax against each other none of us closing our eyes though.

"Lou, we.....we're sorry for last night okay we are..." Edward starts.

His grip on me tightens

"But?" I ask knowing he wants to say something else but is hesitant.

"We didn't mean to be so harsh, Dax can't know how much you mean to us though, or things can become more complicated" Harry says.

"But I'm nothing to you" I say.

"Pidge, we didn't mean that..... we just wanted you to think we did so Dax would leave you alone" Edward says.

"But you said he would leave me alone if you guys fight for the next year" I say confused.