chapter 22

chapter 22

*Aubrey's POV*

I widen my eyes as I watch Luke comfortably place his head on Tanya's lap and I could literally feel michael's gaze burn holes into Luke's sleeping figure. I turn my head towards michael and put a comforting hand over his, he let out a heavy sigh and a forced smile plastered on his face as he pretended that he didn't notice anything and tried to glue his eyes back on the tv but then again he failed miserably.

"Umm guys, I need to get going. I really had fun tonight, thanks Bri." Michael abruptly said and got up. "Cmon man stay a little longer." Calum insisted but Michael just looked at Tanya one last time as she gave him a confused look, "Yeah Mike just stay, where do you have to be right now?" she said getting up from her position and waking Luke up who was lazily sprawled on the floor. "No I just have to help mum around with something. call me later." he awkwardly hugged Tanya and left waving at us.

I personally felt a little sad for Michael, he is such a sweet person and he really deserves someone who loves him back. I got up and accompanied him down till the front door. He was just about to leave when I put a hand on his shoulder "Hey..you're going to be okay right?" I asked genuine concern obvious from my tone. He gave me another one of his sad smiles "Do I have an option other than to be okay with it? she is my best friend Bri." he said with absolutely no emotion on his face, his words made my heart cringe. "Tell me when you need someone to talk to." I hug him sighing into his chest.

*Michael's POV*

No pain in the world could describe what I was feeling right now. The way she looked at Luke, I have been dying to see her look at me that way. My everyday revolved around making her happy, making her see what a perfect person she is.

When we were in middle school, she used to whine about guys not liking her back and I used to tell her not to worry because I would always be crushing on her, she used to laugh at that even I wasn't serious that time but I didn't realise that I actually meant it everytime I said it to her after then. It was in high school that I had started taking my crush towards her seriously because obviously it had grown into something more than just a crush. What am I going to do?

I kicked the stones that came in my way, I kicked them furiously as if they were the reason why Tanya didn't like me back. "Oww!" I heard a high pitched groan and I looked up to where it came from, a girl with waist length hair covering her head with her hand and with an agonised expression on her face. "Fuck! I am so sorry." I reached for her hand to see where I hurt her. She removed her hand to disclose a cut on her head, "Oh man! I am so sorry, it looks kinda bad there is a drugstore just around the corner. We will get you a bandage from there." I tell her as she simply nodded.

She holds on to my arm as she stumbles a little, "Are you okay?" I ask peering at her. "Actually I was going to ask you the same." she said lightly massaging her head. "Huh?" was all I could say, how does she know I am not okay? "You kicked that stone with so much hurt and anger something must be wrong." she simply said shrugging her shoulders. I felt like I knew her from somewhere but I couldn't put a fingers on it. "Umm it was nothing." I said trying to ignore her stare. "We are here." I get into the store and purchase a bandage.

"Here let me help you with that." I tucked the hair falling on her face behind her ear, I felt her tense a little at my touch she kept looking with her almond shaped eyes at me. I stuck the bandage on the cut at the side of her head. "Thanks." she breathed, her warm breath brushing my face I hadn't realised how close I was standing to her untill I looked down to a pair of hazel brown eyes looking at me with an emotion I couldn't quiet understand. "umm..uhh yeah that's done I guess." I cough and move away so there was a decent distance between us.