God of Music - Chapter 7: Sweeping Japan (3)

God of Music – Chapter 7: Sweeping Japan (3)

Posted on July 11, 2016 by Chamber — 2 Comments ↓

"Of course, it is good as it is now, but let's do it once more. Producer Oh, in my opinion, it would turn out better."

"If team leader says so..."

Producer Oh JiWan's reaction was sour, but he didn't seem to oppose it that much. It was because KangYoon never said he was bad or criticized him in any way. After Producer Oh JiWan agreed, KangYoon picked up the microphone.

"JooAh, can you do it once more?"

"Ok."

After JooAh's permission came, KangYoon gave the sign straight away. This time, KangYoon interfered lightly.

"Producer, I think JooAh's voice feels a little too big. When she pronounces 'sute', her pronunciation vibrates a little bit. I'd like you to edit this part."[1]

"Is that so? Shall I adjust the high-tone since that part has a high melody?"

"That's your area of expertise, Producer Oh, so I will leave it to you."

Of course, KangYoon could do it himself, but he didn't interfere with the details. Producers, at their heart, were people who do art. They were prideful people. It was not good to meddle in their affairs too much. KangYoon was someone who had 10 years of experience, so he knew this fact very well.

The recording proceeded with Producer Oh JiWan adjusting the tones. JooAh was absorbed in her singing with her eyes closed, and the people outside also wrote what they needed while appreciating her singing coming out of the speakers. Each of them did their own work, whether it was coming up with a concept or thinking up ways to advertise this.

'Phew. Now the grey disappeared.'

KangYoon was relieved at the scene with no grey light. When he saw the delicate white light growing stronger, KangYoon could finally sigh in relief.

"Huh, why did I skip this part when it could get so much better? Team Leader, it's at least a hundred times better than it was previously. This, I have learned something from you today."

After the recording ended, Producer Oh JiWan took off his hat and scratched his head. Recordings always left some disappointments. However, days like today, when he was refreshingly satisfied, were rare. He was the one to record JooAh's albums until now, but it was the first time something like this happened, so he smiled awkwardly. He thought he had the best grasp on JooAh's voice... But today, he accepted defeat.

"No, I just gave a small push. It was Producer Oh who did the work. I have a great feeling about this song. Shall we rest a bit?"

"Shall we? Well then, rest up, everyone."

When Producer Oh JiWan declared it was resting time, the studio members who were controlling the various machines in their positions sang in delight, and the other staff left with a cheer.

.

.

.

"Would you like a cup of coffee?"

Chairman Won JinMoon offered KangYoon, who was looking at paperwork in the corner, a can of coffee.

"Thank you, Chairman."

"Everyone's resting, but you are not letting go of work... May I?"

"Of course, please sit."

KangYoon covered the paperwork he was looking at when Chairman Won JinMoon sat down next to him.