God of Music - Chapter 36: The Girl who Calls Kisses (2)

Posted on September 4, 2016 by Chamber — 15 Comments ↓
"Debut? What do you mean by that?"

Diretor Moon GwangShik frowned as he couldn't understand. However. KangYoon didn't panic and calmly told them.

"I received a call yesterday morning. Min JinSeo was officially casted for a drama called 'Whispers of the Stars' of SBB TV station as the little sister of the protagonist."

KangYoon's words were literally a bolt out of the blue to the directors. They thought to steal Min JinSeo from KangYoon and make her debut to increase their voice within the company without spending much, but to think she would debut already wasn't something they had thought about at all.

"Hmhm... No, but a debut already? No, did Min JinSeo show something?"

Director Moon GwangShik's tone changed in an instant. However, KangYoon continued without a single ripple.

"It was originally a possibility, but her skills have increased to the point that she passed the audition now."
"Oh..."

Director Moon GwangShik was dumbfounded. He had never even thought that KangYoon's trump card would be the debut. Debut was a huge thing within the company. It could only be proceeded with the President's, Chairman's, and the Directors' approval. However, he never thought that KangYoon would proceed with it this fast.
Everybody was dumbfounded. At this moment, the insulted Director Yu GyungTae abruptly stood up from his seat.

"Team Leader!! Are you ignoring us board of directors?! What do you mean debut? To think you've decided on something so important by yourself!!"

Although his shout resounded across the meeting room, no one stopped him. The directors were all of one mind. Now they had found the flaw.

"You should be prepared, no matter how..."
"Wait."

While the director's were growling, President Lee HyunJi stopped them. Fire burned in the director's' eyes, but she just gestured them to calm down and spoke.

"An audition without the approval of the directors... Team Leader Lee. This can be used as a cause for punishment."
"Entering an audition is punishable, eh?... Then, are you saying that I should wait for the directors even though such a big opportunity had appeared?"

KangYoon clicked his tongue. The directors all shouted at him, but he was firm.
He also knew the reason why President Lee HyunJi talked to him like that. As President Lee HyunJi spoke reprimandingly to KangYoon, who the directors considered as one of hers, nobody could interfere easily.

"So you say there's a clear reason. Please talk about it. That which you call an 'opportunity'."

President Lee HyunJi stopped the growling directors and asked KangYoon for the reason. It was a meticulous timing. The directors also urged KangYoon to speak. Although they found it strange that President Lee HyunJi didn't take KangYoon's side, when she was on the same side as he, now that they were going to listen to the so called 'reason', they became delighted.
KangYoon confronted the gluttons that were about to devour him whole from all sides, but he was calm.

"The audition was 2 days ago. It was a sudden audition. I judged that this drama had to be done no matter what the cost. I judged that there was no better role for Min JinSeo than this. However, as you know, the board of director's meeting was today morning. There was too little time to report, since the audition was right in front of my nose."

KangYoon's words were like cogwheels. Cogwheels that matched exactly. If something became off, then the entire thing would collapse, but it was hard to find it. Director Yu GyungTae  thought for a moment before asking.