Glock 40s and Ribbons

"Killani come give me a kiss." My mother yelled from her room. I jumped up from my bed were I laid watching nick at night. I loved my mom she is the most high to me. A Queen.
I walked into her room as she sat at the edge of her bed. Hair curled to perfection make up perfect. She looked at me smiling. Pulling me by my face she smooched all over me.

"So damn pretty girl." She said as she stood up grabbing her gym bag. Heading out to work. "You know not to open the door for nobody. You shouldn't be hungry but if so I took one of those frozen pb&j sandwiches out. Yani don't turn my stove on." I laughed I burnt some hot dogs on the stove one time and been banned from using it every since.

"Mom I'm ten I got this." She smiled at me. Reaching out rubbing my curly fro before opening the door. "Love you and be careful" I said to my mom as she headed to the elevator.

"Love you too. Close and lock the door." She said as her elevator door closed.

"Killa with the killa fro" the brown skin boy from up the hall said from the dirty window that looked over our projects.

"Stop calling me that." I said rolling my eyes before going back into my apartment doing what I did every night for the most part. It was 10 o'clock and I was already dressed for bed. Grabbing the sandwich my mom took out for me.

Knock knock

Who would knock on my door of all doors. Despite what my mom said I knew deep down it was the brown skin boy with the dirty sneakers who always called me Killa.

"Why you knocking on my door?" I asked poking my head out.

"I just wanted to see you one more time before I went upstairs." He said looking at me with dark brown eyes with a hint of hope. I smirked passing him the sandwich knowing he was hungry. He always was hungry.

"Good night Brownie." I said as he smirked stuffing the sandwich in his dusty shorts.

"Good night Killa." He walked off with a Brooklyn bop. I closed and locked the door. Cutting the lights off I headed back to my room where I laid until sleep found me.

"Killllla" I heard from behind me I didn't turn around though I didn't have time. I went to another school then the rest of the kids in my projects and my commute was longer. At only ten we were pretty much responsible for getting our own selves to school. "You didn't hear me?" Brown skin said as I looked him over fresh white T and dark jeans same dirty kicks. He was handsome tho. Didn't seem to mind his sneakers.

"I did hear you." I spoke lowly almost a whisper. "I'm rushing."

"So. Since you rushing you can't stop for 30 seconds for me to catch up. That don't even make sense." He said sounding stressed out.

"What do you want?" I stopped walking and stared at him. My father was upstate on Rikers Island if he caught wind to the neighborhood menace talking to his sweet baby girl Brownie would be in somebody dumpster. I'd be sad because although I act like I didn't care. He was my only... friend. The only person who liked me.

"I wanted to say thanks. For you know feeding me and what not. Giving me your white Ts so I don't be dirty." He said looking in my eyes. His eyes were way older than his ten year old body perceived. Brown eyes that held little to no life.

"You don't have to thank me. Stop calling me Killa. My name is KEY-YANI" I looked at him as he smirked.

"On my space it says KILLA-NE" he crossed his arms.

"It's spelled like K-I-L-L-A-N-I but the Ls make a Y sound" i rolled my eyes I hated my name everyone who saw it thought it said Killa and it annoyed me.

"Yo ima call you Killa just answer the shit like I answer to that stupid ass name Brownie when my name Jersey." He looked deeper into my eyes if that was possible. I had never knew his name. Jersey. I liked it. I looked down at my gold wristwatch that I was gifted by my uncle with.

"Whatever Brownie. I got to go I'll see you tonight after my mom leave. Have a good day at school." I said as I slightly jogged off crossing the street I was definitely going to be late.