Chapter 1

"Damn you look good bitch!" America said as I looked in the foot long hotel suit mirror. My ass was definitely poking in the body suit made by Givinchi.

"Well a girl only turn 21 once right." I said smiling as I put my ice on. Freezing my wrist and neck.

"Not only that 10 years of friendship. The day you stepped in that all white class I knew you would be my bitch for life. Like damn it's another me in this hoe finally." America said showing her pearly white teeth.
I moved from Brooklyn two days before my 11th birthday to some burbs out in Jersey. My mother graduated with her bachelors and moved us out the hood like she had promised. I went from a prep school to a private school and that's where I met the one and only America. Surprisingly she's Dominican and Puerto Rican but Afro-Latina all the way. Unless you heard the Spanish fly off her tongue you would never believe it. Tan skin and curly hair just like me I thought she was African American. She's from Miami and after 11 years she still sounded like it.

"New York is not going to be able to handle us mami!" She said as she pulled her leather red bottoms up her thigh. I looked in the mirror again. My hair was straightened to perfection looking like the perfect weave. I turned around making sure my back was as popping as my front.

"Let's go beauty." America grabbed her clutch as we made our way out to our Uber. I was definitely giving Aaliyah vibes.

"Sanchez" I said to the bouncer I had a section just for us two because although I was ready to turn up I liked being secluded.
He let the rope up just as this group of men walked up. Naturally I scanned their faces. All handsome but one stuck out. His eyes bore into me like I've seen them a hundred times. I looked off following America behind the rope as the guy fell right behind me in step. The bouncer didn't even stop them.

"Yo I know you?" He yelled over my shoulder as I glanced back. Never seeing this guy in my life.

"Nah." I said just as we entered our section he stopped at my rope as his friends continued on their journey.

"You sure?" He stared hard clearly thinking. I smirked. He was too damn sexy and if I knew him I'm sure I'd never forget.

"She's sure." America said over my shoulder as I laughed.

"I'm sure love" I turned and walked off. "I need a drink" I said to my best friend as she waved the bottle girl over. The turn up was about to begin.

My feet were sooo sore and I was just as drunk. Not too drunk but drunk nevertheless.

"Yooo" I heard from behind me as America looked down at her phone trying to order a Uber. They kept canceling on us. The club was mad nice the area however was shitty.

"Guy from earlier why are you yelling yo like I'm a animal." I said crossing my arms he smiled tilting his head to the side slightly.

"I know you I swear I do." He looked me up and down. "I'm Jersey you don't remember me?"

"Yo Montana your car." The bouncer said as the all black sports car pulled up.

"Your name Montana or Jersey?" I asked my eyes daring him to lie. He did look familiar. He looked good af. Diamonds dancing on his neck. Brown skin smooth blemish free. He didn't look drunk. He still smelled like Gucci and a stinch of weed that could of easily came from the club.

"You'd know me by Jersey." He said sincerely. As I smirked. I didn't know him or anyone else around here for that matter.

"Killani come on we got to walk three blocks just to get a fucking Uber over here I just googled it." America said rummaging in her clutch for flip flops that we packed. I looked back at Jersey one more time.

"Nah we don't know each other but if I stayed around here I'll be down to get to know you but I don't. So until we meet again." I said with a soft smile walking off.

"Damn Killa you really don't remember ya Brownie." He said as I stopped heart beating fast. I turned to look at him as he smiled.

"Ohh my gaaah!" I ran into him wrapping my arms around his neck. "I thought I'd never see you again." I said muffled into his neck as I held him tightly. Damn times had definitely been good to my childhood friend. He laughed as I rocked him back and fourth.

"Damn you look good as hell." He said looking me over I felt naked under his stare all of a sudden.

"This my best friend America. America this is Jersey. My brownie." I smiled so big I was genuinely happy to see him.

"Yo Montana let's slide." A guy said from a hummer.

"It was nice seeing you. I need to get going anyway." I said preparing to walk off with America.

"Man I'm not about to let y'all walk over here this late. I'll just take yall to y'all spot. C'mon Killa and Ms. America." He said heading towards his car America was already following him drunk and tired she didn't care long as we got to our room.

"This a two seater." America said rolling her eyes and mumbling in Spanish.

"Nah it's seats in the back it's more room inside than it look." He held the door open for us. "Damn I missed the fuck out you girl." He stared me down I bit my lip as I stared into his eyes. He was really standing in front of me a grown version of his small self.

"I missed you too." I said before taking my seat in his nice ass car. I was instantly sleepy alcohol finally hitting me.