Chapter 15

Two years later
"Kodi get up" I could hear my mom say as I walked h through the foyer of my 4 bedroom 5 bathroom home in south Dallas. Yes I left the east coast and I left there for good. I thought I was going on a mini vacation but after being gone for three weeks I got the news of my life and knew that New York was no place for me.

"Kodi are you giving MiMi a hard time?" I said walking in as my baby boy popped up smiling. Everything about him was his father. From his chocolate brown skin to his deep brown orbs. The full lips and even his thick kinky hair. Was all his father. Probably because I spent every waking minute thinking of him. Especially now that his face was on every blog, every magazine, every commercial almost like he was taunting me. Who would of ever thought my Brownie would be a rapper. Yes to answer your question we were very much still married. It was all my fault honestly. It took some soul searching after losing my baby. I've never hit rock bottom to that extreme before and honestly if I didn't leave when I did I'd probably be dead today. I didn't know that you could experience postpartum even after giving birth prematurely.

"No." He said definitely as I smiled at my handsome. The reason for me living. Who would of known my last night with my husband I begged him for a baby and as always he delivered.

Jersey always thought I was too good for him but truth is he was too good for me. A man who had nothing growing up still found in his heart to love me. I owed him sooooo much but I just couldn't build up the nerve to call him. America was actually engaged to London and I was so nervous because although she said Jersey would be on tour I just didn't trust it.

"You being a brat tell the truth. Tell ya mother how you be falling all out like a white child. You bet not pull that mess Saturday at your mother graduation you hear me." My mother fussed as Kodi ignored her tuning back in to paw patrol I giggled. He was his father son.

"I told America not to bring London but she says he don't want her traveling alone since she's 7 months pregnant. I feel like he just trying to sniff me out." I said as my mother shook her head.

"I been told you to tell that man. He's your husband and your keeping his son from him. You don't even know they rabbit hole you're traveling down. Only making things worse baby trust me. That man deserve to pour his love into Dakota just as much as you. That is both of y'all rainbow baby but only you got to enjoy the sun after the storm. For all we know that man can still be living in hell from the very thing you ran from. He needed you as much as you needed him and you ran. I'm your mother not America or one of ya other little friends I'm gone tell you what it is. Y'all moved to damn fast off some puppy love shit ran and got married after y'all first damn time having sex before y'all even tied up loose ends or got to know one another for the adult version of y'all self and never even made it to the damn wedding then you get pregnant not once but twice back to back and you my child didn't give him any say so on either situations. I didn't raise you to be selfish. That's what drew y'all to each other your selfless ways. You let that little hood booger get in your head and now look. That little boy in there a replica of his father who missed all the important stuff bc jimmy nutron in there is too damn smart for his own good." I laughed softly at the jimmy nutron statement. "I can't tell you what to do but I will say this... that boy gone whoop yo ass." With that she walked out the kitchen. My parents were down south for my graduation and as always my mom reminded me of the mistakes I've made over the last couple of years. My father simply said "it's never too late to right your wrongs." But that damn Kior. She gone always speak her mind.

"Kodi come on baby lets go get ready for bed." I said grabbing his toys up tossing them in the bin as I cut the TV off. My son thigh hair was braided into 8 braids to the back courtesy to his MiMi.

"My...my... my dada coming." He said as I tucked him in. Often stuttering over his words.

"Where he coming from Kodi Pop?" I asked entertaining my son. I missed his dad dearly. Pride is just one hell if a drug. I know I told him not to come for me but when he really didn't I took that for all I needed. He clearly didn't want me like he thought either. Ughh I hated living in my head.