Is This Love?

I was walking down the hall of the busy airport. I had just gotten off of a flight coming back from Fiji. I glanced at my phone and ran into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry, here let me help you." I said bending over and then she looked at me and smiled and I froze. "Oh my gosh she is so cute, ok stay cool stay calm act normal John." I thought to myself.

"Thank you and it truly was my fault I wasn't looking where I was going." She said and she took my hand as I pulled her up.

"Well I'm glad I could help even though I was the one who looked at their phone. But I'm John you are?"

"Ashley." She said accepting the hand I offered for her to shake. We both just stood there awkwardly for a little bit.

"Well do you have time to maybe get a coffee or something?" I asked her and she agreed. We made small talk till we got there. "So where are you from?" I asked her.

"North Carolina and you?"

I laughed, "actually North Carolina as well."

"Oh that's cool." She said and she took a sip of her coffee. We talked for a long time about a lot of stuff.

"Hey bro there you are I've been searching all over for..." Bradley said out of breath and waking up but he stopped taking when he saw me talking to a girl.

"I'm so sorry, my gosh Bradley do you always have to be so loud?" I asked him jokingly. She laughed and I grabbed her cup and grabbed a pin from the counter and wrote my number down. "Call me anytime, maybe we can meet up one day?"

"Yeah I'd like that John." She said and we both said our goodbyes and walked away.

"Damn." I whispered.

"Oh John has a crush!" Bradley sang over and over again.

"No I don't! She's just a nice girl I ran into literally and we started to talk." I said, but deep down inside I knew I had a "crush" on her. "But anyways you always come at the worst moments and ruin things!" I joked with him and he laughed and grabbed his bad and I waited and grabbed mine.

"Well, What about after we get back we go meet everyone somewhere to party." Bradley asked but it was more like a statement than a question.

"Um I mean sure." I said not really in the mood for that right now. "I might not go though I'm just not in the mood."

"Oh ok party pooper!" She said and he hit my shoulder.

"Ouch why are you always hitting me?" I asked jokingly. "Since when have you became so abusive towards your friend!"

"Hahaha very funny." He said and he laid his stuff down in the back seat of my car while I threw mine in. Obviously just by that everyone would be able to tell we were totally different people. "Hey careful whatever you have in there might break."

"Like what?" I asked him knowing he knew I had nothing breakable in my luggage.

"Um I don't know stop picking on me John!" He said and he got in the car and we both laughed after a long silence. "Did you like the trip?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah, did you."

"Yeah it was pretty good." He said.

"Pretty good, I spent all that money for that trip to be just pretty good, I knew I should have taken someone else." I said jokingly.

"Hey now you know you wouldn't have had that much fun with anyone else."

"I wouldn't call it fun."

"Then What would you call it smart ass."

"First of all I'm not a smart ass, second of all I would call it entertainment."

"Oh really then why were you laughing you ass of half the time, and the other half you were smiling ear to ear?" he said smirking like he thought he had some kind go point.

'Well I'm gonna say two things again. Number one, that was cause I was entertained..."

"No..." he went to say but I cut him off.

"No don't interrupt me, as I was saying first of all I was laughing and smiling because it was entertaining and second of all stop smirking like you think you have a point cause you don't."

"Ouch!" he said and he rubbed his arm as if I had hurt him and I laughed. we drove in silence for a really long time.

"You know I really did have a fun time." I said while still looking at the road.

" I know." he said smiling and he pulled out his phone. "aww shoot, Coach scheduled a practice for tomorrow." he said groaning. I just laughed and pulled into my drive way. I punched in the gate combination and waited for the big, old, shiny gate slowly open. I parked the car and got out and grabbed his bag and threw it at him. he laughed and I grabbed mine and walked up to my door. I fiddled around with the big thing of keys I had until I found my house keys.

"Home sweet home!" I said loudly when I walked in with Bradley behind me. "Hey guys." I said as my five dogs ran up to me. "Say was up." I said talking baby talk to them. "Sorry had to have little moment with my dogs there." I said as I stood back up.

"Its fine, my dogs are probably gonna be the same when I get back and there like family."

I laughed, "they are my family." he looked at me confused, "well I mean like no one lives with me Im not dating anyone."

"Oh ok." he said shrugging. we talked and laughed for a long time until he had to leave. "bye John." he said and he wrapped my in an unexpected hug, but for some reason I gladly hugged him back. Thats weird I hate hugs. I thought to myself. Our hug lasted a little bit longer than it should have and we slowly let go. "um well I should get going, see you tomorrow John." he said and I told him goodbye and he left. I just stared at the door for a long time confused. My whole day has been crazy, and now I'm starting to feel crazy all of these thoughts. I can hardly separate one from the other, all I know is that I think that it's about love.

Hey guys, I'm back with a new story! Sorry if this chapter got as little boring, its just the beginning. Later on in the book I'm really gonna want to hear from y'all to know who John should pick to date and maybe even spend the rest of his life with. anyways, I have another book called Only One Who Gets Me. Make sure to check that out! I also have an NBA opinions thing where I just state NBA Opinions.

Also, its Kyries one year anniversary on the Celtics!!!!!! So proud of him and can't wait to see him play again!!!!!