Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Ulrick pov

Yesterday night we made love several times. I knew I was insatiable. I kiss my wife's cheeks after our sweltering make-out and feel the bliss of contentment. "Ana, I love you so much, my love." I say and bring my wife to my chest sheltering her in my arms. After fourteen months of sleeplessness, I ultimately had a pleasant sleep yesterday with my wife in my arms and my mind at rest. One of my hands was pillowing her neck playing with her wild curls while the other was around her waist so that I could feel her all night.

I woke up to the sound of the phone call from my secretary. An urgent meeting with Japanese delegates had shooed up regarding the dock supplies of our overseas business. I look beside and see my wife fast asleep with her head buried in the crook of my neck. A smile of satisfaction engraves my features. I kiss her forehead and gingerly move out of the bed not to wake her up and go to the adjacent bedroom to have a look at our tiny princess.

She was sleeping soundly in the crib. Gazing at my beautiful little bundle I thank the creator with my lips spread wide in fulfilment. I couldn't ask him for more. My daughter is my replica. I trace her soft black baby hair gently with my fingers. Her little hands were raised in fists on either side of her face. Those pink lips were not more than the size of a groundnut as she slept ventilating a cute pout. So adorable... I wonder what was she dreaming of displaying that pretty pout? Probably she was having a meeting with the fairies of Wonderland that doesn't seem to go well. As I make sure about my both girls, I go to the washroom to have a refreshing bath. Ana is a late riser and I think my daughter also became like her. Certain things never change. I wonder how she manages with her work.

Coming out of the shower I hear some baby sound. Dressing quickly, I smile and reach the crib of our 'little joy'. My baby seems to be having a happy time trying to put her toe into her tiny mouth. I peek my head into the crib giving a smile to my little princess. "Hello Sunshine Good Morning. Did you have a good sleep?" I ask her cheerfully. She gives me her beautiful toothless grin and raises her little hands asking me to lift her. She recognises me and I am grateful to Ana for it though my existence is not more than a day in her life. Ana told me she brought up Ulia showing my pictures in newspapers and magazines and that's how our baby recognizes me. I kiss her on the forehead and bring her to my chest, experiencing felicity and contentment.

Both of us play for some time. I tickle her ruffling my head on her little tummy and she giggles collecting my hair in her tiny fists. "Pulling daddy's hair, aren't you the naughty little princess? I poke fun at her. She gives me her full-blown beam of mischief.

I get up and give her some kid-friendly toys to play and as usual without a doubt, they go into her mouth. After playing for some time she goes cranky. I understood she wanted to have sleep again so I prepared a bottle for her and changed her into a fresh diaper to put her back to sleep. Making sure her tummy was full I brought her to my chest and patted her little body to sleep singing her a lullaby.

Putting my baby back in the crib I reach the kitchen and make some delicious strawberry pancakes for breakfast, Ana's favorite. As I finish laying the last piece of pancake on the dining table, I get a call from Vance. He had an emergency and will be reaching home only in the afternoon. Just then I hear the trudging of the feet. "What are you doing?" Ana's angelic voice mellows in the cooking room.

I smile and take steps forward to kiss my wife. "I was making breakfast for you. Pack your bags. We will be leaving in another two hours." I inform her in joy taking a look at my Rolex.

She looks surprised and asks "Where are we going?" I smile to the obvious letting out all my hidden happiness. "to our home."

"I am not coming." She gives a stern answer which gets me waspish.

"Why?" I ask her controlling my fury.

"That is because I don't want to stay with you." She stands determined. I pull into an irate and tell her with authority. "Understand this, you are my wife and you will stay with me ALWAYS," I stress my last word to her.

"I will not stay with you." She fumbles lowly already losing her confidence. Boiling with rage, I roughly drag the adjacent chair to sit getting dyspeptic. My legs spread wide as my right leg rests on the left knee showing power. I stare at her for a few seconds controlling my crotchety and then inform her with puissance raising a finger. "I give you one week to pack your bags. Get ready to leave this place for your best. I already informed your brother about it." With an ascendance, I continue "Listen to me always and if you don't you will be invoking the beast within me which you will regret to learn."

She looks at me gullible and mumbles with hatred in her words "You are not the man I married a few years ago. You changed. You are dominating and evil. You force me to do things I don't want to do. I hate you." The words she chose for me hit like an arrow piercing my heart. But I survive not showing a trace of fragility. She looks at me trying to act bold and before she can speak any further I stop her concealing my emotions. "Never stress that little brain of yours to work because I am not giving a chance to you on vamoosing me again." I don't trust you anymore. I dulcet my last words but clear enough for her to understand the strictness behind them.

"Ulia's life would be in danger if I stay with you. I will do anything and can do everything for the protection of her." She counter backs. "What happened to all your protectiveness in saving Dad? Why couldn't you do it? But now I am not going to risk losing another important member in my life." She stresses her words. I narrow my eyes and look at her in confusion but she continues "You are a mafia leader and kill innocent people mercilessly." She spats with bane. "Tomorrow any of them can come upon me or Ulia to avenge his/her anger upon you. I don't want to risk our child's life being with you." She vents out her ultimate feeling."

I smile at her sarcastically and ask "So you think you can protect Ulia better than me? What do you know about my business?" I ask her with a challenge. "Regarding your father, I was only informed to the extent Robert was causing problems in your dad's business. I was never told his life was threatened by Robert. Had I known about the issue the security would have done their duty and uncle would have been living today." She looks down fidgeting her fingers but answers me firmly which strikes like a nail in my soul.

"You are a barbarous slayer and I can never risk Ulia's life staying with you."