3.

*She just wants to be beautiful
She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits
She craves attention, she praises an image
She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor *

.

.

That night I completely forgot to tell Lana about what happened with Travis. Probably because I stayed up staring at the tissue with his number on it rather than actually texting him.

The next morning was the usual, and Noah drove off to school with Connor and his older brother, to my joy. I was secretly relieved that I would get a few minutes by myself on my way to school. It was heavenly.

Lana greeted me, by throwing her arms around my shoulder as we made our way to first class for the day. My worst one, mathematics. I was all about words and theory, but when it came to calculating numbers and finding x's and y's, I was just not about that life. 

"You have to come to the party this weekend," Lana said excitedly practically dragging me along with her. 

I shrugged. " I don't know, parties are kind of overrated."

"Yeah says you, when you have never even been to one," Lana groaned. "Come on, Jay Parker invited you himself."

"Which gives me all the more reason not to go."

Lana sighed, which I knew meant that she wasn't going to bother arguing with me anymore. That's how most of our conversations ended, she trying to bring me out of my shell and me, constantly turning her down. 

As we entered class, I saw Travis seated at the same desk he was at yesterday and I gulped being reminded of him giving my number and me not texting him. Also, I hadn't told Lana so there's that too. 

I took my seat on the first bench and Lana scrolled past me before realizing I had already taken my seat. She frowned at me which obviously meant what the fuck why are you not sitting next to Travis. 

I shrugged. Don't get me wrong, it was great to know that Travis actually showed some interest but I think I was happy admiring him from afar rather than actually starting something with him. Lana sat down next to Travis and he flashed a smile at her. I think she expected that I would change seats and go back just to be closer to her, but when I didn't she just sighed and muttered something to herself. 

I mouthed 'sorry' at her and pretended to understand what Mr. Jenson was saying about x's and y's rest of the class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason, which deep down I knew, Lana was mad at me slightly. She wouldn't talk to me till lunch whenever she was angry at me about something so I wasn't too worried about it because i knew she was going to come around by the time it was lunch. 

I was making my way to English class, by myself because one, Lana was mad at me and two, we weren't exactly in the same class. When I walked by the janitor closet, I heard thudding and banging sounds on the door. There weren't many kids in the hall, so I was wondering why was I the only one hearing it. Thinking I imagined it, I slowly took a few steps forward when I heard it again. Someone was inside, trying to open the door. I guess someone was locked in.

I walked back to the door, turned the doorknob and slowly creeped it open. My mouth dropped when I saw Jenny and Jay together, well kind of ruffled up and all. It was obvious they both were making out in here and got locked in accidentally, since the door always got locked from the outside. They weren't the first ones to get stuck in there.

"Oh thank God," Jenny prayed and began to pick her stuff when I noticed lipstick marks on the corner of Jay's mouth.

"You got a little," I pointed to his face and he seemed stunned. 

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" I heard a kid behind me say and before I could even turn, move or react anyhow, I felt Jay's strong hand pull me by my arm and jerked me inside the closet making the door shut behind me.

"JAY YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" Jenny cried, dropping her bag to the floor. My heart was pounding and I realized then what had just happened. I was locked inside, with them.

"So you wanted everyone to find out it was us in here?" Jay said defensively to her and I realized he was still holding my arm. This was bad. This was really really bad and I did not like it one bit.

"Ugh," Jenny groaned trying to push the door open but it  didn't budge. "Stupid." 

"Relax, babe," Jay said calmly and she glared at him. Wow, they were pretending I was not in there with them which made think if I was wearing my invisibility cloak or something. 

Before Jenny could reply with another rude remark, the door flew open. Mr. Duvell, and a bunch of kids were standing at the doorway staring, giving us judgmental stares. What's worse, Travis and Lana stood behind Mr. Duvell with their mouth dropped open and a bunch of kids snickered. Mr. Duvell seemed furious and i opened my mouth defensively but stopped when it hit me.

The three of us were standing there awkwardly, Jenny top buttons undone, Jay with his hair all ruffled up and lipsticks stains on his collar while his hand was grabbing my arm and my face was flushed cause of all these faces staring at me. Everyone was thinking we were having a three-way. 

I pulled away my arm from Jay's grip and I am guessing he realized then that he still had his fingers wrapped around my arm. "Sorry," he muttered and that made Mr. Duvell even more angry.

"Detention! The three of you! Rest of you get to class," he yelled angrily to the kids who were now taking pictures of us in their phones.

Why the hell was this happening to me? I wished I would just disappear or suddenly gain some superpowers so everyone would forget about what happened if i could wipe their memories. Jenny and Jay groaned besides me like it was no big deal but just something they didn't want to do.

But to me it was. It was a huge deal. Getting detention on the second day was going to flip everyone at home and I wasn't ready for it.