13.

The next day I kind of, maybe purposely, forgot to ask Lana about her texts with Jay Parker. I was probably just embarrassed with the fact that i had pried through her phone and didn't want her upset with me.

Travis was sweet as fuck as usual and I wouldn't have it any other way. The only bad thing about my day at school was the useless detention.

"Did you bring any ideas?" Jenny asked me that day while Juniper was scribbling on a piece of paper instead of just chewing annoyingly loud for a change.

I shook my head while the guys frowned at me and noticed one of them missing. "Where's Jay?"

Jenny seemed uncomfortable by my question but answered it anyway. "He is a little late."

Jason was staring like I had asked him to donate his kidney to me and I cringed. It was weird how this was a dumb detention and Mr. Duvell wasn't exactly monitoring it anymore.

By the time Jay arrived we had decided on our invitations for the winter formal and also the decor. Juniper suggested it should be ice themed so maybe light blue and white.

"I am sorry for the delay," Jay rushed in but with his hood over his head for a change. It was strange to see him that way cause he normally loved showing off his face.

"Its okay babe," Jenny kissed him and I was a little sad as I missed Travis just by seeing them.

Quickly, I reached to my pocket to pull out my phone. My heart stopped when i realized it wasn't there and I groaned remembering I didn't even have it.

"You look like you're gonna pass out," Jay commented taking his usual seat next to me.

"She always feels looks like that in our company," Bryce, the student body president, muttered while Juniper snorted a laugh.

I ignored all of them and kept looking at the invitation samples.

"You gonna ignore me Azari?" Jay poked my side with his elbow. I turned my head to glare at him but it all disappeared when I noticed a bruise on his face.

He quickly looked away realizing that I had seen it and didn't talk to me the rest of detention.

☆    ☆

"Azari!" I heard Jay's voice behind me as I made my way out of the school grounds. Unfortunately, I had to walk home from school as a punishment now. "Wait up!"

I turned to see him with his hood still up. "Don't worry I wont tell you got beat up."

He looked shattered with my words but I couldn't care less. Jenny and the rest had already left and my curiosity was getting the best of me.

"Thanks," he muttered while I wondered why he wasnt driving Jenny home that day. "Are you going to walk home?"

I nodded and turned at my heels to begin my perilous walk home. It didn't matter if he offered me a ride because I wasn't risking it again.

"I can give you a ride," he said the obvious catching up to me.

"If you keep following you will end up walking me home," I replied with a sigh clutching hard on the straps of my bag.

"I dont mind that," he said cheerfully.

"What about your car?"

He shrugged and kicked a stone. "I can go back and get it."

This guy was being really annoying and I wasn't sure on how to tell him.

"I dont get you Parker," I stopped walking and so did he, seeming surprised at my sudden halt.

"What dont you get?" He said slowly keeping his head low so I couldn't clearly see the ugly bruises right below his left eye.

"Some days you act like you dislike me and now suddenly you want to walk me home," I crossed my arms.

"Its not you."

"Its me," I Completed his phrase for him rolling my eyes. "You're unbelievable."

My feet moved forward again, taking big steps to get away from him. As expected, he caught up to me.

"I dont know why you're mad," he panted and I was surprised since he was pretty athletic to get breathy so quick.

"I am not mad, i just dont know if we are friends or not," I explained and that made him go silent driving me even crazier.

Before he could say anything else, we reached my house.

"Well, this is it," I said stopping at the front porch and I could see him biting his lip in thought.

Jay held out his hand and reluctantly I took it. "We're friends."

I couldn't help but smile and thanked him for walking me home. Maybe he wasnt such a thickheaded jock after all, or was he?

*please vote & comment if you enjoyed*