Be there

STOP!!!! Pls, read this note fully. This chapter is based on the friends' theme song AND Gwen Stacy's speech from the amazing spiderman AND a request. @taylorrussell642 I hope you don't mind the extra elements on your request. I DO NOT OWN the speech. I personally do not watch friends so I don't know any references or such but if you like you can watch the quick 30 sec vid up above ^^^ Italics are song lyrics. Underlined is the speech that I don't own. That's it. On with the chappie.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke...

If it was any other year she would have skipped work from the start. But she could not afford to lose any more hours.  Why was life this way? Already there is the weight of Bens absence from the ceremony that hangs ominously behind both of them. And now she was stuck in a traffic jam in the middle of New York, where thousands of cars moved like a colony of ants and as slow as ants. Cursing herself for going to her joke of a job, she banged her head on the steering wheel. The honking of cars background noise as May lifted her phone, ready to do something shocking.

Peter paced anxiously backstage. His stomach grumbled as he hadn't eaten any breakfast. Aunt May was struggling to cover expenses as it was. He wouldn't bother her with his super-metabolism. Aunt May. She was supposed to be here. Oh-no! what if she doesn't make it. Peter spun around voicing his concerns to Ned. "Dude, she'll make it. She always does. Besides the ceremony hasn't even started yet." Ned reassured. Sighing slightly, Peter tried to control his panic, and by extension his hyper-senses. The voices, heartbeats and footsteps of his entire grade and their families were almost too much. " Yeah. Yeah, she will," Peter tried convincing himself, which resulted in an encouraging thumbs-up from ned.

... When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year, but...

Peter was on the borderline of a panic attack.- STOMP, THUD. CHEERS and VOICES. SO. MANY. VOICES- Peter gasped -PERFUME; FLOWERY, STINKY, COLOGNE; STRONG, PUNGENT DEODORANT, FEET, GUM IN MJ'S POCKET. Peter started shaking. The world a blur as his senses went crazy. His Starkphone still lay on the floor from when he ended the call- right after she told him she couldn't make it. She couldn't make it. The words rang in his ears as he thought about the past year.

 The gunshot- crying-death. Sadness- Spiderman- The vulture. Working- Struggle- broke.

...I'll be there for you When the rain starts to pour. I'll be there for you, Like I've been there before. I'll be there for you, 'Cause you're there for me too...

Somebody started the ceremony with a speech. It rang in Peters' ears as he calmed himself down.

"I know that we all think we're immortal, we're supposed to feel that way, we're graduating. The future is and should be bright, but, like our brief four years in high school, what makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever, what makes it precious is that it ends.-" Peter didn't know at what point he started listening to the speech. He didn't know at what point silent tears started rolling down his face.

"-I know that now more than ever. And I say it today of all days to remind us that time is luck. So don't waste it living someone else's life, make yours count for something._"

Peter stood up. brushing tears away. He didn't have to live the perfect life. He was living his.

"-Fight for what matters to you, no matter what. Because even if you fall short, what better way is there to live?-"

This is when Peter slipped in at the back of the stage with the rest of his class. A new wave of tears threatened to spill as he scanned the crowd. Suddenly, he spotted it. Sitting in the fourth row, looking out of place yet cheerful. Concerned yet enthusiastic, out of place but there, were the Avengers.

"-It's easy to feel hopeful on a beautiful day like today, but there will be dark days ahead of us too, and there'll be days where you feel all alone, and that's when hope is needed most.-"

Suddenly, the clouds parted and the sun shone through in Peters' head. Because no matter how dark the day, or how alone he might feel, his family was there. There for him holding a large banner with 'Go Peter!' written on it.

"-Keep it alive. No matter how buried it gets, or lost you feel, you must promise me, that you will hold on to hope and keep it alive.-" A smile growing onto Peters face he muttered, " I promise."

"-We have to be greater than what we suffer. My wish for you is to become hope. People need that.-" Peter knew that, and now when all seemed lost he was motivated to be spiderman and help people. But most of all, even more important than spiderman; he was motivated to be Peter Parker. He was motivated to continue being the kind, caring, lovable Peter he is. And with a smile from Tony Stark, he was ready to be more. Ready to graduate.

"-I know it feels like we're saying goodbye, but we will carry a piece of each other into everything that we do next, to remind us of who we are, and of who we're meant to be.-" Peter was Tony's son. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

"-I've had a great four years with you, and I'll miss you all very much." A huge round of applause rang out, most giving a standing ovation. Watching Nat threaten Clint and Bruce miming encouragement to him, the minutes passed like seconds and then...

"Peter Parker"

He knew he was ready. His family was behind him, and as he took his special science and decathlon awards he gave a different speech to the one he practised for weeks.

" It may seem hard sometimes and you may break down. Because life, is a journey. A long and treacherous journey. We are entering a new stage in our lives and we need to remember what makes the journey so important and amazing are the people. Your family, friends and loved ones, every second you get with them is a gift. No matter what happens they'll be there for you and we can be there for them too. Thank you." 

Needless to say, there were tears hugs and many bonding moments the days after his graduation. And Peter knew that his family would always be there for him.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST OF ALL WHAT DID I WRITE?? SORRY IF IT MAKES NO SENSE OR SUCKS CUZ ITS TWO AM AND I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE THAT MANY READSSSSS!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH! 2.4 k OMG!

NOW, THIS 1100 WORD CHAPPIE IS A ROLLERCOASTER OF MIDNIGHT THOUGHTS. I  JUST WANTED TO TAKE THe request of a regular graduation fanfic and change it up cuz I've seen a lot of classic graduation fanfics. Hope u like this hot mess and Ill see u when I have the patience to write a proper A.N