Chapter 1: The Invite

Pain. All that she felt was pain. The kingdom, gone in the blink of an eye. Her friends, burned to the point where their bodies withered into ashes. Her ocean blue eyes teared up as she gazed upon what was left of the land she used to call home.... an empty, barren dessert with little to no signs of life at all.

Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, and all the Toads, her friends- no, family... they were all gone. Just like that.

Peach struggled to sit up, her legs felt weak, like they were about to give out any moment. Once she managed to stand. She had to think. What will she do next?

Anger, pain, sadness... they all weaken your heart, your mental health, making it easy for all sorts of evil to sneak in, without you realizing it.

She needed to go somewhere, to escape anywhere. Anywhere, we're she could plan what to do with her life.

Just look what happened. A huge war fought right here in the Mushroom Kingdom. It went horribly wrong. Bowser had completely destroyed the kingdom, killed all the brave warriors, but left the ruler, all on her own. It made her feel weak, useless, horrible, the list could go on.

Peach's heart kept weakening and weakening, making her an easy prey for him. He who takes control of anyone who's heart is weak, and fills it with hatred. 

And that hatred? Leading to actions extremely sinister.

She felt it. Her heart filling in with the demon. The unknown demon. She felt the need for someone to take away her pain, by passing it on to that someone.

She didn't realize that she was slowly starting to become a different person, with different goals to achieve.

She looked around and saw a fallen tree. It was thick enough to be used as a boat. It was her hope... to finally pass on the pain. The pain of loss to someone else.

With all her strength, Peach dragged the log over to the water. She pushed it out onto the great seas, in hopes of making it to the nearest island. Isle Delfino. The place were she believed that she could make all her plans succeed.

She had trust in her heart, that if she slept on the log while it carried her on the ocean, she would wake up the next morning in Isle Delfino.

***

Peach was right. She had slept the whole night, and woke up at her destination. Despite the fact that there were waves and heavy storms along the way. How did this happen..?

Something must've been protecting her. Some sort of paranormal force must've guided her ride through the seas. 

"I knew I could trust my heart," she mumbled to herself.

Trusting your heart really was the right thing to do. If you follow your heart again, you will be satisfied in the end.

Peach smirked as she heard an inner voice speak to her. She completely believed it. She suddenly wanted more. More of the inner voice's advice. She felt greedy. Greedy for more instructions. She felt that if she had the guidance of that voice, she would finally live in peace.

But oh boy, she was dead wrong...

"What should I do next?"

Look at your phone. It's working again.

She raised an eyebrow at herself. She reached into her pocket only to find her phone as it was brand new. She was confused. She clearly recalled her phone's screen shattering during the the war.

"How is this possible?"

When you have a goal, anything is possible, just.... believe in your heart.

Peach's lips curved upwards as she unlocked her phone and opened the WhatsApp application.

If you want to pass on your pain. Bring all of your remaining friends over. Lure them into our trap.

"And what do I do with those pesky people?"

Choose a victim for your pain.

"Then direct me to the nearest dagger."

Alright then. Close your eyes.

Each did as she was told. Suddenly, her sense of direction felt clear. She suddenly knew where to go.

After 15 minutes of walking around the island, she arrived at the entrance of a cave.

There is a hidden dagger, deep inside the cave full of lava. You want to pass on the pain? Fetch it. Fetch your weapon, your key, your only way out of this.

Peach nodded to herself as she entered.

Do not fear. I shall guide you through the cave....

***

Peach stepped out into the fresh air once again, only this time, holding a dagger in her hands.

Beware, if the local authorities catch you holding that, it could get you in trouble, and you may never be able to pass the pain.

Peach instantly knew what to do. She whipped out her parasol. Without thinking twice, she broke the heart-shaped handle and tossed it to the ground. Resulting in a small entrance hole in the long stick of the parasol, big enough to fit the dagger. 

She inserted the dagger into the parasol, disguising the handle of the dagger as the handle of the parasol.

Now... lure your victims into our trap.

Group Chat:

You: hey everyone! Long time no chat, huh? How bout we all reconnect in Isle Delfino next week.

Zelda: Hey Peach! I would love to come! I HAVE to tell Link!

Marth: really!?! I'm so in!!

Ike: as long as there's a chicken restaurant, I'm good to go!

Link: Zelda just told me, and I just gotta say, COUNT ME IN!!!

Lucina: ohhh Yes!! Me and robin wanted to go on vacation, but we didn't know where to go! This will be perfect 👌

Pit: yay! I'm gonna asked lady Palutena if I can take a vacation. Being the captain of the royal guards is tough work, especially for a 13yr old!

Pit: she said she won't let me...... UNLESS I BRING HER TOO!! THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST!!

Samus: y not?

Roy: Um I AM SO COMING!! IT'S GONNA BE WORTH IT IF ALL YA LADIES WEAR SOME BIKINIS!!

Samus: Roy for the love of!

Roy: if u mean my love of ladies, u r damn right!

Samus: Ugh 😑 

You: trust me, the vacation will be a killer :)