Chapter 12: All Is Revealed

Oh, and Princess, Samus is dead.

Peach smirked, it was like good news to her. She began running faster...

***

"Where does she think she's going!?!" Ike panted as he and the others chased Peach.

"And why is she going to Corona Mountain without a plan!?" Pit added.

"You guys I'm getting tired!" Marth whined as he struggled to keep up, stopping occasionally to catch his breath.

"Marth, would you stop being over dramatic for once!? This is serious!" Robin scolded, grabbing Marth's wrist and dragging him, making the prince whine breathlessly.

The group continued to chase Peach, who was running faster and faster by the minute, and soon enough, she was out of sight. Their only choice was to head to Corona Mountain, predicting that it's the place they'll most likely chase her to.

After what seemed like hours, they noticed the path becoming rockier, signaling that they were near Corona Mountain.

Not long later, they were standing in front of a cave that leads inside the volcano. The could literally feel the heat burning into their faces. They all took worried glances at each other, before nodding and dashing.

The deeper they ran, the hotter it got. The wind that hit their faces felt like steamy hot soup.

Pit looked back and noticed that a small part of his wings caught on fire. He shrieked, catching The group's attention. Their determined faces were replaced with a shocked ones.

Robin immediately came to Pit's aid and immediately put a water spell on his wings, "you won't be able to use your wings, but it will protect them from fire."

Pit nodded, "Thank you, Robin, and also, thank you Marth," Pit thanked, saying Marth's name with a bittersweet tone.

"Hey! Now is not the time for another argument!" Robin reminded.

They gang continued to run...

And run...

And run...

And run...

Until...

"Surprise."

All of them abruptly stopped at the sight of Peach with an evil smirk, holding a dagger to Lucina's neck, who was sobbing into the gag Peach put into her mouth, and struggling against restraints that were on her wrists and ankles.

"W-what?" Ike stuttered.

"Peach.. what's going on...?" Palutena asked slowly, afraid that if she said one wrong thing, everything will end badly.

Peach only laughed at the Goddesses question, but that smile faded quickly, "Nothing Palutena, everything's just fine."

"Peach drop that dagger right now," Robin ordered sternly. His face was not joking.

Peach raised an eyebrow, "oh. I didn't know you were the one calling the shots."

"Peach I'm not jo- PEACH WHAT THE HELL"

With the snap of a finger, using magic, Peach bound the rest of the gang on the other side of the room, opposite of Lucina, who was shaking in fear. Robin noticed and mouthed 'it's gonna be okay, baby' to her, which caused Lucina to calm down and nod.

"So Peach... you're the killer?" Roy asked, putting on a cheeky smile to mask his fear.

"No shit Roy," Ike said.