Argument

One, two, three, four.

I was sitting in the bathroom, rubbing my arm which had more than one cut on it. I could hear Amber and Griffin arguing downstairs.

"You didn't think to actually tell Predaking about what happened?" Griffin demanded angrily, his angel wings bristling furiously.

"Don't you snap at me, Griffin! I knew Predaking would interface with Natalia! I just didn't say anything." Amber hissed.

"Yeah, you pretended to actually be upset! You lied to your own mate!" Griffin snarled.

"I wouldn't call it a lie." Amber growled.

Five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

"Well what would you call it?" Griffin growled.

I didn't really understand as to why it was so bothersome to them. I was just listening in on them. Marley was getting nosy more and more.

Mom, me and Charlotte were a little surprised by her antics and Marley was actually oblivious to the fact that she was getting nosy. If anything, some Angels bet that Predaking could track her down and possibly give her a good scolding.

Eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.

I wince as I hear the door slam and that indicates that Amber left to blow off some steam. Griffin lets out a heavy sigh and he walks past the bathroom and to his room.

We were all staying in Heaven for a few weeks, just to visit.

I got down to the library to clear my head.

I take out a book and it has pictures of Angels and Archangels that were here before we were born.

Amarys would've enjoyed the quiet if we were here.

I sit at a table and I start reading about our family's generation. That's when I start hearing whispers.

"Hey, it's that Angel kid."

"Isn't she Lazarus' kid?"

"Didn't she have a lover or something?"

I clench my fists so hard, my nails dig into my skin and my knuckles turn white.

I try to block them out.

"I heard she's been going around the Heavenly Gates in her wolf form every early morning."

"That's not obvious? I could see her every time I went to work."

I try my best to block them out. Amarys. If only she were here. With me.