➵ 0.4 - jade

Having your schedule changed towards the end of the year sucked. Especially for Jade. She had managed to stay under the radar for so long and now today was her first day with the weird schedule and she was already having problems.

The biggest one of them being Michael Fricking Clifford.

He just fucking had to be in her class, didn't he? First, he pissed her off at work last night and now she had to sit in the same room as him for the rest of the year. How fucking great was that?

As Jade walked into Chemistry after telling Michael off, her mood instantly brightened. Because sitting in the back with an empty chair next to him was Ashton. He had told her that they shared this class together, but between last night and just now, she had completely forgotten.

"Hey," Jade muttered as she said down, setting her bag on the tiled floor. She put her head down on the table and closed her eyes, but she could still feel Ashton staring at her. "It's rude to stare."

"Not if it's your best friend," Ashton said, kicking her foot gently.

"You can't make up your own rules," Jade smiled and opened her eyes, only to find Ashton looking down at her worriedly.

"What happened?"

Jade groaned. "Pretty boy happened. He's in my goddamned art class. Go figure."

Ashton looked relieved that it wasn't something he had to actually worry about. "Do you really think he's pretty or is that just a degrading name?"

The bell rang and everyone slowly made their way to their seats, saving Jade from having to answer that. So she just flipped Ashton off, who simply chuckled.

Jade's new teacher, Mr. Condon, came to the front of the room and scanned the students until his eyes landed on Jade.

"Okay, settle down everyone," he said, clapping his hands. "Before we get started, we have a new student joining us." He waved his hand in Jade's direction and everyone turned to look at her. "Jade, welcome to 6th period Chemistry. I'm sure you're going to hate it, just like all of these guys do."

Jade held her head high and gave Mr. Condon a small barely there smile. Looking confident was key to surviving the hell that is high school. Even though Jade wasn't really friends with anyone, but she knew it would be suicidal to completely alienate herself from everyone.

Chemistry passed in somewhat of a blur, with Jade trying to catch up to where everyone was and Ashton making stupid jokes every once in a while. Before class was over, Jade decided she liked Mr. Condon. He meant business and didn't take crap from anyone, but he was funny and appreciated a good sense of humor.

After Chemistry, Jade's schedule told her that she had P.E. How nice. She would have to go to her last class all gross and sweaty. This is why she hated schedule changes. She also hated her old French teacher, who was the only reason for Jade having to go through this shit.

In the locker room, Jade changed quickly into a small black shirt and shorts, keeping on her beat up vans.

"Hey." Jade looked up from her lock to find a small blond blonde girl standing next to her, dressed in clothes similar to Jade's.

"Hi," Jade said, unsure of what Bryn wanted.

"I'm Bryn," she smiled at Jade. "I just wanted to say hi before class started. Ya know, so you don't feel alone or something."

Jade stood up from the floor, her locker now locked. "I'm Jade," she said and didn't bother pointing out that she knew who Bryn was. She was dating one of Michael's idiot friends, Lucas.