Powerless

"Halstead," Jay said as he answered the call. What he heard was taking his breath away. He could not believe it. After almost 3 months of unsuccessful search finally came the redeeming call.

"Daddy?" Jay heard his son's shaky, tired and very quiet voice.

"Ethan." Jay breathed out the name. The shocked and helpless faces of his colleagues disappeared. Curiously, they gathered around Jay's desk, which is why he turned the conversation on loud.

"Daddy," he cried, "I'm scared. Please get me out of here."

"I know, Ethan. I will take you home. Are you hurt?" Jay did not want to think about that.

"My tummy hurts," he sobbed.

"Everything will be fine. We'll get you, I promise."

"Ethan. Here is Toni. Are you alone?" he asked in surprise.

"Yes. He forgot his cell phone."

"Alright. Where are you?" Antonio asked.

"In a room."

"Can you describe the room to us?" Erin asked softly.

"Uh-huh. It looks like a cellar. The door is locked and there is no window."

"Super. You're doing great," Erin praised. Meanwhile, Mouse held out a note. Location not possible. Signal jumps around.

Panic spread across their faces. Jay handed Erin the phone and told her to go to the break room. Erin chatted with Ethan and looked through the glass at her frustrated partner.

"Are you kidding me?! My son was kidnapped three months ago. We didn't have a clue and now he's calling and you tell me you can't locate the phone?" Jay hissed furiously and grabbed Mouse by the collar.

"I can't explain it either, okay! I have located 3 locations. All three locations are spread all over Chicago." Mouse explained, quickly pulling away from Jay's grip.

"All right. I would like all three places are searched." Voight told. Immediately, they grabbed their jackets and hurried away.

Jay, on the other hand, replaced Erin. He did not want to lose contact with his son.

"Hey buddy. I'm back here." He said softly and sat down at a chair.

"Daddy. I want to go home." He sniffed sadly.

"I know, me too. We are still looking for you... maybe you can help us? Can you tell me what happened?"

"Uh-huh. I was waiting for Megan. She didn't come so I thought, I'm going home alone, because I know the way and I'm already a big boy. Uh... and then the other man stopped next to me."

"Do I understand that, you were kidnapped by two men?" Jay asked.

"No. Uh. The first man said he should pick me up because you had an accident and then he took me to new parents... but I don't want them."

Jay swallowed hard. What were those only for sick people? Why are they abducting a little boy and spending it as their own child? But a much more important question occupied him did Ethan voluntarily join a stranger, despite his warnings? Even if he had an accident, Ethan would be picked up by a friend rather than a stranger. But he could not blame his son because he was so young.

"What did the car look like?" Jay asked, reading the Erin's message on a paper. Description of the perpetrator?

"It was silver and already old," he explained, "Daddy, I'm so tired."

"The one witness was right." Erin mumbled softly.

"Ethan, you have to stay awake. It is very important that you talk to me. Can you describe your kidnapper?"

CPDCPDCPD

In the meantime, Antonio and Kevin stormed a family home without success. A very old woman got frightened and almost had a heart attack when the two men were standing in her living room. She did not know the child. The detectives believed her. She was in a wheelchair and was in need of care.

Even Adam and Olinsky had little success with the address, unless they wanted to buy a dog or a cat from a breeder. The patrolmen Kim and Roman did not look much better either. The location was a large tenement house, which they searched from top to bottom. Nothing.

"Sarge. I don't know what's going on with the program. I have a fourth location, but completely in a different area than the first three. I just can't explain it." Mouse looked sadly through the window at Jay.

"Maybe you'll tricked," Platt whispered, chatting with Hank.

"Or the computer is broken or the program." Hank thought, because the situation was really serious.

"That's it! Someone introduced a virus into the program... but they mess with the wrong one," Mouse said and hurried off behind the screen. His fingers flew wildly over the keyboard.

Jay was sitting on the couch. Erin kept him up to date with news on a piece of paper. Ethan should not get it all.

"Daddy. Why don't you bring me home?" he asked softly. Jay took a deep breath at the sound of the sad voice. He was very much looking for his child. He finally wanted to hold his boy in his arms, but luck just was not on his side. Ethan described the kidnapper as best he could, which is why Erin now sat in front of her computer and adjusted the databases.

"We do our best, Ethan. Mouse tries to locate you, but there were some problems ... but I promise you we'll find you in the next few hours."

"Why does it take so long?" Ethan whispered sadder than before.

"Cheer up, buddy. You're doing great." Jay praised, biting his lower lip lightly. He did not know how to ask his son or if he wanted to know the answer. Nervously he played with the pen and looked through the window of the break room to Erin, who was still scouring the databases. He would sooner or later know the answer.

"Did he touch you? So, um, did he ... you know ... did he touch you in strange places?" Jay stammered uncertainly. One thing was for sure, no matter what that bastard did to his kid, he'll have to pay for it.

"No."

Relieved, Jay breathed out. After all, this was spared his child, "Do you feel a lot of pain?" Jay asked worriedly.

"Yeah," he whimpered.

"Do you have something to eat or drink?"

"Uh. I think the day before yesterday I last had something." Ethan explained.

"The day before yesterday?" Jay asked horrified. It almost broke his heart that Ethan did not even get regular food.

There was a rustling sound in the background, which made Ethan startle.

"What's going on?" Jay asked in a slight panic.

"I think he's coming," Ethan whispered anxiously.