Epilog

1 year later

"Daddy! Daddy! You wanted to drive me to soccer practice." Ethan whined, hopping to the bed of his father.

"Uh, not today. I just want to sleep in once," Jay mumbled and turned to a new position.

Disappointed, Ethan stomped into his room. Erin was just walking with the baby in the park. Why do they have only eyes for her? Always the baby was much more important, interesting and even cuter, although it looks totally shriveled. Ethan just did not understand it.

The next morning there was only cereal for breakfast. For something else Jay and Erin had no desire.

"Good morning young lady. How are you today?" Jay asked his newborn. She sat in the baby seat and did almost nothing. "Morning Ethan. What are you doing today?" He now turned his attention to his son.

"Not much," Ethan answered. He found it unfair that the baby got more attention, though it does not do anything except sleep and eat.

"Alright. Come on, we'll be late." Jay said, giving Erin and Amy a farewell kiss before driving to school with his son.

"What's wrong with you?" Jay asked.

"You said that everything will be much better when she is born. Only I think everything is very stupid. You have no time!" Ethan complained.

"I understand. Uh. It's not easy with a baby in the house. But in time it gets better. Amy will someday sleep through the nights and soon be in a playable age." Jay explained.

"And when is sometime?" Ethan asked annoyed.

"Urgh. Soon."

CPDCPDCPD

"I think we should do something with Ethan. I think he's not happy," Jay said. He had called Erin.

"I could pick him up later from school and go to the park," Erin mused.

"Thanks. That's probably exactly what he needs." Jay said over the phone.

"Erin!" Ethan rejoiced and ran to her.

"Hey, how was your day?" She asked pushing the stroller as they strolled through the park.

"Great. We had science today."

"That's great," she rejoiced, "Do you want to push the stroller?"

"Oh yes!" Ethan said, "She is already asleep again. I want to finally play with her."

"It takes a while. Shall we get some ice cream and visit Daddy on the way back?" Erin asked and Ethan nodded happily.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Jay asked. He kissed his wife in greeting, ruffled Ethan's hair, and leaned over the stroller to lift the baby.

"We wanted to visit you," Ethan said.

"Yeah? Did you kiddos probably longing for your Daddy, huh?" Jay grinned. Later, he handed Kim the baby. After all, she is the godmother.

"Ui. There's my grandchild. She's grown bigger and bigger," Hank said.

"Aw. She is so cute." Adam stated.

"You really have to say, you both did it perfectly," beamed Atwater

"This is my necklace, little lady." Kim said. She had the baby in her arms and Amy happily play around with her necklace. They were all so busy with the baby that none of them noticed how Ethan went away.

"What's going on, huh? Did you get in trouble?" Trudy asked when she saw Ethan in front of her desk.

"No. Just leave me alone," he answered a little sadly.